Phosphate read

cat910064

Reaction score
I tested my water with Hanna checker and redsea test kit.

Was shocked that my Hanna said 0.30 but the redsea said the range of 0.08 I suppose?

Which one should I trust?
3cd9137d0f341b52d432c929d7ca3e74.jpg

4a526e15a2d37b1d8dbe0aa48d6e624e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, for better understanding if your tank parameters, Ideally, you want to test your water exactly same time every time. And have multiple test sample to make better decision as what’s happening in your tank.

If I test the day after feeding heavy (I always test my tank between 6:30am-7:00am), I know my phosphate will be usually 0.1-0.15 higher but they come back down.

Here is proper way to use Hanna checker tester kit btw: I thought he explained very well and I been getting very stable range of numbers always using this method. Specially for the calcium tester kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you ever figure out which one was accurate? I am having the exact same issue. I am chasing a phosphate issue in all of my tanks. Normally I treat with some PhosphatE to bring the PO4 back down when I have high PO4. This time though I add the PhosphaE and my PO4 does not drop much. I have been measuring and dosing PhosphatE daily for a week or so and my PO4 is still up there. I added some ROWA Phos yesterday and PO4 is still high. I do not feed very heavy at all.

In all of my tanks but one the corals look okay. In one of my frag tanks the the zoas look unhappy. They are either not opening or they are kind of on the small side size wise. They look like they are going to melt. My PAR in this tank ranges from 50 to 100 which should not be too high for zoas. The crazy thing is the frag tank I keep my torches in is showing high PO4 but the torches look amazing.

The PO4 in all three tanks has been measuring between 1 and 2ppm since last week. Normally it is 0.15 or less. No idea what might be going on. The fact that it is all of my tanks makes me believe either the PhosphatE is bad or the Hanna checker or reagent is bad.

Back