Owner edit permission for Nano tank threads / Special Interest

Cook

President
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
I can't edit my nano tank thread, I wanted to repair a dead link. The Mid-Size tank forum allows edits for original posters. I would propose allowing original poster thread edits within all of the Special Interest section.

I’m not the most knowledgeable about the website software, but I can comment on this for perspective.

The ARC is a social club, run by volunteers, with limited funds, knowledge & other resources available. We also have day jobs, families, etc.

Decisions about things like software are often a compromise in order to achieve value for our members. The versions we purchase may, or may not, have various functionality, in order to achieve that value.

We don’t often buy the big enchilada versions for these reasons. That said, we will look into the request & do our best to accommodate.

Exactly on @ichthyoid . Oftentimes, this means we have to teach ourselves new skills, such as programming the website.

That said, we will look into it. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

There was a 10 minute timer for Supporting Members to edit their own posts. It is not forum specific. There are forum specific overrides though.

In this case it might be best to handle it on the user level and not the forum level. The Supporting group is now set to unlimited as another benefit of being a Supporting Member.

Back