Opinion - CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guilty of overlooking this myself, sometimes it too confusing to handle or navigate a multi item thread depending on how many items are listed.

One Hundred Percent GIF by NeighborlyNotary®

I'd ask one of you to be a moderator for the Marketplace but it's be tough having one of the prisoners' in charge of the prison. We'd need someone that isn't an active seller. Might be tough to find...

You skipped the first part of the sentence which makes it hard for me to moderate: "When possible, please list multiple items in one post and list the highest priced item in the required field. All transactions are the responsibility of the parties involved in each sale. "

Until that "when possible" gets changed or removed, anyone can argue it is too difficult to track on a single post.

Even then, when sellers put everyone in a single post, I get reports when someone put an update to their post that an item sold as an unnecessary bump. No way to make everyone happy.

You skipped the first part of the sentence which makes it hard for me to moderate: "When possible, please list multiple items in one post and list the highest priced item in the required field. All transactions are the responsibility of the parties involved in each sale. "

Until that "when possible" gets changed or removed, anyone can argue it is too difficult to track on a single post.

Even then, when sellers put everyone in a single post, I get reports when someone put an update to their post that an item sold as an unnecessary bump. No way to make everyone happy.
I agree on the first part.
We have the ability to edit our original for sale posts. That should be used to mark things sold or add new pictures.

It really needs to be taken out..

I find it more annoying when someone has a lot of items but is “updating” it every day or dropping the price $5 every 2-3 days on an item. You win some you loose some

How about everyone with issues rewrites the rules the way you'd like to see them, taking into account all the potential issues. Then we can merge them all together taking as many points of view as possible. ;)

I'm being serious in the above post, while joking a bit at the end. We're all members just like everyone else, and we're not perfect. If you think there's ways to improve things let us know. In this case if there's changes to be made, make them and either post it here or message one of the BoD members with the edits.

Unlike previous boards all 9 of us communicate regularly and try to touch base every two weeks on zoom. Sometimes it may take a few days to reach a consensus but for the most part things like this don't sit in limbo anymore.

Im just here to laugh at the fact people are getting mad about seeing for sale threads getting bumped.

Our entire life is a constant bombardment of ads to get you to buy crap, but a guy posting an item is sold is an unnecessary bump is apparently worth complaining about.

This is why I shouldnt be on the board. Id get that complaint and reply "Your problem has been deemed trivial and shall be ignored, please re-evaluate your lifes priorities"

Our entire life is a constant bombardment of ads to get you to buy crap, but a guy posting an item is sold is an unnecessary bump is apparently worth complaining about.
The people that get upset are usually the other people that have sales threads and are abiding by the rules. The bumping has to do with keeping your thread near the top of the list or on the 1st page of the list in the forum for visibility. If we didn't have people, mostly mods, keeping track of it we'd have pages of people posting crap or down right just "bump" or "TTT" and it would become unbearable to look at let alone try and sell something yourself.

Now the listing multiple items in one thread instead of listing in multiple threads is where things have gotten a little loose and confusing. I'm really looking forward to hear some thoughts from all of you members.

I'm even thinking about a "Sales Posting Primer" thread. Then allowing people to lock their own threads in the market. That way they can take the 1st several posts as "reserved" for listing multiple items.

This isn't something we want to revisit all the time. So, it'd nice nice to make any revisions and have everyone deal with the new rules, hey they had a part in making them, right? :)

*Edit* And when I say "I" above I do mean bringing it up with the rest of the board. After rereading it I can see how it could come across differently than I intended.

Last edited:
Im just here to laugh at the fact people are getting mad about seeing for sale threads getting bumped.

This is why I shouldnt be on the board. Id get that complaint and reply "Your problem has been deemed trivial and shall be ignored, please re-evaluate your lifes priorities"
Well here's the issue with that.. it's in the rules that you agree to.. if you don't like someone complaining about someone not abiding by the same rules they have to. Then you know how to fix that.. every supporting member has the right to complain at any given time. 😉

I think we should hold people accountable to listing multiple items on 1 thread, some people are not as computer savvy so maybe a sticky with a quick "how to" about how to edit the original post and a general guideline for posting multiple items.

Not sure if it is possible on this platform, but make a permission so only 1 active thread can be open at any given time by 1 member. Give the member access to close their own threads.

Personally, I like individual threads by item. Its easier to view on what's for sale right from the Sales Forum so I don't have to click through each post to see what's in there and keep scrolling to see if anyone has claimed it.

Exactly. This is why you shouldn't be on the board.

According to post #5 its not a rule, but a recommendation.

A for sale primer will not get read(you know it, I know it, accept it), you already limit "bumps" to once a week, a post to indicate a change in price or an item being sold is worthy of a bump. Thats how it already works and its fine.

The only option worth implementing here is to have a section called "new posts since your last visit" at the top and them updated posts below that. Kind of line the new posts tab but only for for sale items.

The idea of having to read a "primer" or instruction sheet to post stuff for sale on a forum is enough to make me simply not do it.

According to post #5 its not a rule, but a recommendation.

A for sale primer will not get read(you know it, I know it, accept it), you already limit "bumps" to once a week, a post to indicate a change in price or an item being sold is worthy of a bump. Thats how it already works and its fine.

The only option worth implementing here is to have a section called "new posts since your last visit" at the top and them updated posts below that. Kind of line the new posts tab but only for for sale items.

The idea of having to read a "primer" or instruction sheet to post stuff for sale on a forum is enough to make me simply not do it.
Hey your more then welcome to become a supporting member and have a say so in the rules..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back