Not pay pal

Paypal, Venmo, Zelle, and Cash are the 4 ways i use.

Maybe if you want to explain why Paypal is a joke, then we can offer informed rather than blind alternatives.

Well it sets up to automatically review for one. I was not able to do a "one and done" transaction. I do plan on renewing my support to the club, but I would prefer it to be my decision and not an automated occurrence. (If a mod or trustee can help me out with this I would be grateful.) That is my only complaint with it, otherwise it's okay and easy.

Oh, i didnt see the forum. I thought you were asking for another way to pay (generally speaking, such as for buying corals). Not that it was specific website suggestion to open more avenues for automatic payments for ARC membership. Yes, i agree though. Making it a little more open is a nice feature!

We used to have Stripe as well but not only did it have constant issues with integration to Xenforo when they updated the software it sets up to auto renew as well. On top of those issues it was/is much harder impossible for the user to control the end point of subscriptions. I don't know if there has been anything added since we stopped using it but it is just a credit clearing house with no individual accounts, so I don't see how an individual could cancel a subscription.

With PayPal the user has complete control over their account. If you only want to pay for a membership one year at a time. After you go through the site and make the payment, go into your subscriptions in PayPal and cancel the one you just created. I believe there's an option to cancel at the end of term and it will not auto renew the following year.

These were the only two options we had for online payment when the site was migrated to this platform. There are now options for Braintree and 2Checkout that have been added by the Xenforo team. I don't know anything about either of them but when I have a chance I will look into them.

Paypal, Venmo, Zelle, and Cash are the 4 ways i use.

Maybe if you want to explain why Paypal is a joke, then we can offer informed rather than blind alternatives.
Sorry, I have just never had a good relationship with PayPal. Never had anything go the user friendly route with it as far as connecting, transferring etc. I just would like another payment option so I can support our club and hobby.

We used to have Stripe as well but not only did it have constant issues with integration to Xenforo when they updated the software it sets up to auto renew as well. On top of those issue it was/is much harder impossible for the user to control the end point of subscriptions. I don't know if there has been anything added since we stopped using it but it is just a credit clearing house with no individual accounts, so I don't see how an individual could cancel a subscription.

With PayPal the user has complete control over their account. If you only want to pay for a membership one year at a time. After you go through the site and make the payment, go into your subscriptions in PayPal and cancel the one you just created. I believe there's an option to cancel at the end of term and it will not auto renew the following year.

These were the only two options we had for online payment when the site was migrated to this platform. There are now options for Braintree and 2Checkout that have been added by the Xenforo team. I don't know anything about either of them but when I have a chance I will look into them.
Thank you! Again I’ve just personally had problems with the PayPal platform and would like another option for payment so I can support our club and hobby. And please understand I am not complaining about the site or the work you guys do and have done for it and the club. You have done a great job. I’ve just never found PayPal easy, helpful or user friendly.

Thank you! Again I’ve just personally had problems with the PayPal platform and would like another option for payment so I can support our club and hobby. And please understand I am not complaining about the site or the work you guys do and have done for it and the club. You have done a great job. I’ve just never found PayPal easy, helpful or user friendly.
I understand, everyone has their preferences and many have had a bad experience with something they will never use again. I have several, Verizon will never get another dime of my money.

With regards to PayPal and this site. I do not believe you have to actually have an account with them to process the payment. There is an option to pay without logging in. They just become a simple clearing house in that case and if I'm not mistaken, no subscription is started that auto renews. I also think there are several members that process theirs like that. @Cook is that how you've done it in the past?

I am not sure if I have an account with them or not. (may have a while ago.) I know when I paid It said it was going to auto renew. I tried to cancel and it kept asking me for a password and acct name and I couldn't think of it if I did and I got frustrated and closed out that screen. I was hoping someone could make it a one shot deal on my acct from this side of the fence. Otherwise I may just close the credit card and it won't hit that way. I prefer to be able to just pay one year at a time and have never done an auto renew site before.

I am not sure if I have an account with them or not. (may have a while ago.) I know when I paid It said it was going to auto renew. I tried to cancel and it kept asking me for a password and acct name and I couldn't think of it if I did and I got frustrated and closed out that screen. I was hoping someone could make it a one shot deal on my acct from this side of the fence. Otherwise I may just close the credit card and it won't hit that way. I prefer to be able to just pay one year at a time and have never done an auto renew site before.
Done. It will not renew.

I understand, everyone has their preferences and many have had a bad experience with something they will never use again. I have several, Verizon will never get another dime of my money.

With regards to PayPal and this site. I do not believe you have to actually have an account with them to process the payment. There is an option to pay without logging in. They just become a simple clearing house in that case and if I'm not mistaken, no subscription is started that auto renews. I also think there are several members that process theirs like that. @Cook is that how you've done it in the past?
No, I paid through PayPal and turned off the auto renew separately. I’m not sure I will do it that way again as there is no notification of a payment due except that the site drops your supporting status.

Back