New member question

BSmith

Reaction score
Hello! I just registered with the ARC forums today. A friend referred me here from the Atlanta Area Aquarium Association. I have a bit of a dilemma and would welcome your feedback as fellow aquarists. Only "fish" people understand such things, lol.

I've been in the hobby since around 2009. Started with simple tropical aquariums, then to planted, then to African Cichlids. Spent the last 8 years or so breeding Frontosa & other popular species. Along the way I only bought overkill salt/marine equipment because I eventually wanted to experiment with marine tanks & corals. After 16 yrs near ATL I'll now be relocating to FL and I'm not going to be able to bring all my gear, a good bit of it has been heavily integrated into my basement but now removed. I have sumps, external Pan World pumps, UV sterilizers, Current USA lighting, ATOs, socks, etc., but you get the picture. In the forum's FAQs I saw you needed to have 25 or more meaningful posts in the forums to be able to post in the for-sale section. I wanted to know if there was an exception to the rule here for me to be allowed to post. I my current situation I don't know how I could post meaningful content relative to marine configurations. I don't want to just give away all of my equipment either because I've made such a heavy investment in it. I've given away as much as I can stomach already :) I don't want top dollar, because we all know that's the way retail works once items enter the "pre-owned/used" market. I also want this equipment to go to folks that can really use it and appreciate it. I've spent a tremendous amount of time keeping it all in good mechanical and working order.

I'd appreciate any feedback folks have. Thanks!

The forum rules apply, however you can post it on the ARC FB page that doesn't have the same requirement. Or you can pay to be a supporting member and post on this forum, which would probably help you move it a lot quicker.

It sounds like you have more than enough to make it very beneficial to pay the $30 to become Supporting. Gives you access to the best market in the area to sell reef equipment, these are the people you want to reach. GL

Awesome! Yes, I've got some cool gear. I already sold my 210 and 180 gallon tanks. Broke my heart to see them go but was nice to see the excitement in the dude who is embarking on this awesome hobby. He got 'em for a steal. I have three more tanks to list. I'll try to start taking pictures and listing tonight for ya'll!

Back