New lemon peel mimic tang (juvenile)

NanCrab

Supporting
Reaction score
Hi all! So we got a new tang about 10 days ago. Initially put it in QT (just a 20 long) and though eating it seemed pretty stress. We’re told at store (well known Orlando) that it had been there over a week and was in copper and had been treated for parasites and was being fed medicated food. After 3 days in my copper QT decided to just move it to DT. It integrated really well and, because we had also bought some new live shelf rock too, had redone the rockscape so it was new to all.
Though it is eating well I do believe I’ve seen white stringy poop though haven’t seen it specifically coming from that fish I know it’s not coming from the naso. She’s on the thin side so wondering about parasites. Tried to treat the DT with Prazi but aborted on the third day cause the corals and nems were really stressed and I lost a couple of snails.
Im feeling like catching it could be an issue.
I’m feeding 3-4 times per day. They’re getting chopped seafood that has flake and pelleted mixed in for complete nutrition, pellets alone, frozen brine or mysis, Nori, flakes. I alternate the foods during the day so they get a little of everything. Wondering if I should start medicating the food? Not sure how effective that is. My main objective is to get it fattened up so any advice on that is appreciated. I eats really well, not fussy so if I need to add something Im sure she’ll eat it!

Attachments

• 17BD46A6-0287-4622-88B9-34F337D390B5.jpeg
    17BD46A6-0287-4622-88B9-34F337D390B5.jpeg
    642.6 KB · Views: 15
What a pretty fish! Personally I tend to focus on the coral side of things but I know there are a few folks who do a lot with fish, tangs in particular. I hope someone that can help you out see this because you're doing all the stuff I know to do.

Back