New K7 V3 is now out :)

Looks like a great option! I’ve seen the prior model of this light on a frag tank and was super impressed with the light and spread.

The separate controller being debated is here shouldn’t be that big a deal. It costs $69, makes the total cost of 1 light $319. An absolute bargain for 140 watts of tune-able LED light.

If you need 2 or more lights, the cost of the controller is split across the lights you need. For 2 lights for a 48” tank, the cost per light is only $285 or $569 for 280 watts of led light.
That does put it into perspective a bit more. I feel i have done a good amount of research into lights, maybe i need to do a bit more...

Im willing to admit when im wrong. And always remain coachable. Heck, when i got into the salt side of this hobby it was power compacts, t-5's and halides for lights. That was it.

I would also like to add that i really was not trying to bash anyone, just trying to give feedback on my knowledge as of now. I do not wish to come across that way
Chris.

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

I have 8 of the K7 V II’s, so too heavily vested to change at this point.

I will be picking up a new controller though.

That does put it into perspective a bit more. I feel i have done a good amount of research into lights, maybe i need to do a bit more...

Im willing to admit when im wrong. And always remain coachable. Heck, when i got into the salt side of this hobby it was power compacts, t-5's and halides for lights. That was it.

I would also like to add that i really was not trying to bash anyone, just trying to give feedback on my knowledge as of now. I do not wish to come across that way
Chris.

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk
Chris - We always want people to question things, ideas, concepts in this hobby. I know you weren't bashing, you were questioning it and we love that.

Like Adam said, I am just the Distributor, trust me when I say this, I asked them 1000 times to make sure we have an App, but they felt it didn't need one for some reason or another. We hope this controller will make it more enjoyable to mess around with when adjusting settings, etc.

Please continue to question things, there is a lot of snake oil in this hobby to say the least, I have been in this as a distributor for over 20 years so I understand questioning things, I do it myself all the time. There are a lot of amazing lights out there, we are just trying to bring something that everyone can afford and be able to keep corals successfully. The rate of people dropping out of this hobby is sad, but understandable, it is not a cheap hobby, so when you spend a ton of money and things just die its frustrating to say the least. The initial cost of the controller does suck, but the good part is once you buy it, you can control 16 V3's with it, and if someone has more than 16 and needs another controller I will personally buy it for them ;) haha.

Ask any questions you have! We are introducing a 70 watt single puck in July, for those that don't need 140 watts (myself being one of them, as 140 watts over my 20 gallon is silly). I do love the blues and the new white we are using, the white in the V2 is BRIGHT, so I ran it at 1-2% max, but with this new one I can run a lot high % so the tank isn't a smurf 100% of the time.

I'd like to add that there are only a couple reasons to alter the light settings. The big one is acclimation of new corals the other is for ramping. Other than those I think that people generally mess with their lights too much. Set the set them from the UV 380-410 to the Blue 470ish to get the best PUR/PAR for what your keeping at the depth your keeping them at. Then tune the rest of the spectrum to what your eye likes and throw the remote in a drawer. If you can do all that without a remote, even better.

I've really been curious about these lights. Currently run two a360x's with two or3's on my 120. What would be the benefits of the k7's? Also, I'm currently limited to an 8 inch mounting height due to my canopy.

Telegraham did a little write up on Instagram

(If this link isn’t allowed, please delete)

Scott may have additional discounts for supporting members

Hey @scottw any idea what sort of PAR these are putting out? I was wavering on those K7Pro2 but stayed with my halides. Wattage from 4 of these would be over power I'm running through the halides. Figure 4 of them would be needed for coverage on a 4 foot 90g SPS dominate mixed reef?

Hey @scottw any idea what sort of PAR these are putting out? I was wavering on those K7Pro2 but stayed with my halides. Wattage from 4 of these would be over power I'm running through the halides. Figure 4 of them would be needed for coverage on a 4 foot 90g SPS dominate mixed reef?
4 would be PLENTY of juice for a 90, these have went from 95watts to 140watts so much more power in the same size box. The blues are far better and the white is not so blinding, its more soft than CHRISP, the V2 white was awful lol. but they toned it down.

I don't have par from them, but I know some folks have done it, let me try to find that.

I got one of these from a Reef2Reef contest they held a few months back. At half power, it lights my 40B Cynarina tank perfectly well! The controller is super simple too, I honestly prefer it over an app that can be uninstalled, can glitch, or just won't work when the WIFI is out. Totally loving this light!
IMG_0106 (2).JPG

I disagree about the control being simple. Seems ancient and awkward. Upside is itll keep you from tinkering too much. Light is absolutely fantastic looking, quiet and great value. I will at some point be stringing up a few over my 90g. I love the look on the biocube.

Based on spectrum and output it's similar to a g4 radion for 1/2 price. Total overkill for my current use but it's a nice first go at LEDs for me.

I got one of these from a Reef2Reef contest they held a few months back. At half power, it lights my 40B Cynarina tank perfectly well! The controller is super simple too, I honestly prefer it over an app that can be uninstalled, can glitch, or just won't work when the WIFI is out. Totally loving this light!
View attachment 56525
I see there seems to be very little light on the ends of the tank. Would you say it's 3-6 inches on each end? Or more

I disagree about the control being simple. Seems ancient and awkward. Upside is itll keep you from tinkering too much. Light is absolutely fantastic looking, quiet and great value. I will at some point be stringing up a few over my 90g. I love the look on the biocube.

Based on spectrum and output it's similar to a g4 radion for 1/2 price. Total overkill for my current use but it's a nice first go at LEDs for me.
You can buy two for less then half of a g5.

I see there seems to be very little light on the ends of the tank. Would you say it's 3-6 inches on each end? Or more
It is a little shaded at each end, however the biome I'm recreating (lower reef slope) works really well with lower light. I'd say the far 4-5 inches have a visible drop in light, but it's not that bad.

Back