New K7 V3 is now out :)

scottw

CoralsbyDesign.com
Sponsor
Supporting
Reaction score
New K7 V3 is out and what an upgrade. We went from 95 Watts to 140 Watts, more blues, violets, and more cool white and less warm (BRIGHT). We have some now, have a ship in route.

I have one setup on my new 20 gallon waterbox, OVERKILL I know, but I will swap it out when we release our new 70W single puck in July.

98302959-6810-4C0E-9B56-BCECDECF58C8.jpeg

A56D4244-53BC-4D63-ADE7-699497B105EE.jpeg

A5425265-3420-4789-BD4C-94EB142EC33E.jpeg

A8DE8B11-3B73-4363-8452-E1EDFD019FA3.jpeg

DIRECT LINK TO WEBSITE

He248ae0d012c4262829058361d4a5765i.jpg

Last edited:
Can you please provide more information on this light? The website doesn't really tell you anything

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Whats the light spread?
Wifi/ bluetooth?
Is there an app for our phones?
Can it be used with an apex?
Does it come with any mounting hardware?
What colors do they come in?
UL certified?
Whats the warranty?
Arc discount or demos?

Whats the light spread? 24x24 @ 3feet, our previous version was 18x18 @ 3feet
Wifi/ bluetooth? -Uses our controller similar to V2, updated controller will work with V1, V2, and V3 LED's.
Is there an app for our phones? - No
Can it be used with an apex? - No
Does it come with any mounting hardware? - We have mounting kits for them, same as the V2, but new bracket to attach at 4 points vs 2 with the V2.
What colors do they come in? - black
UL certified? current power supply is EC (European), FCC certified, making a US specific UL certified power supply now (mean well), should have in a couple weeks. replacing all sold units with 1 for free.
Whats the warranty? 2 year warranty
Arc discount or demos? supporting members get 10%

So i would still need 2 for my 40 breeder at a 24 inch spread?

If you can mount it a little higher without our mounts 1 would be ample or even overkill for a 40 breeder. How are your current light(s) mounted? I have one running on my 20 gallon water box and it’s at 25% power max for a couple hours a day the rest is 10-15%

Whats the light spread? 24x24 @ 3feet, our previous version was 18x18 @ 3feet
Wifi/ bluetooth? -Uses our controller similar to V2, updated controller will work with V1, V2, and V3 LED's.
Is there an app for our phones? - No
Can it be used with an apex? - No
Does it come with any mounting hardware? - We have mounting kits for them, same as the V2, but new bracket to attach at 4 points vs 2 with the V2.
What colors do they come in? - black
UL certified? current power supply is EC (European), FCC certified, making a US specific UL certified power supply now (mean well), should have in a couple weeks. replacing all sold units with 1 for free.
Whats the warranty? 2 year warranty
Arc discount or demos? supporting members get 10%
Does the controller come with it or it sold separately,
* i think, it was sold separately before?..could be wrong*

And if it is sold separate, do i really need it to control the light or can i use any buttons on the unit it self ?

It is separate, but, with the V3 there is a lot more control over the LED without the controller where the V2 had little control, so no it is not required :)

It is separate, but, with the V3 there is a lot more control over the LED without the controller where the V2 had little control, so no it is not required :)
Alot more, but not total control?

So in reality. You have to buy the controller separate to control the light.

Per our conversations, i was really waiting on this light. Im at a crossroads, stay with my t5s that work or switch to leds ..

This light at it's price point, with its features really does not impress me. And the thing that i "have" to buy the controller separate seems kinda gimmicky too me.

Please share with me a 140 watt LED currently on the market that does what this light does in this price point, you would need 2 XR15's, but that will save you some money on a gimmicky controller, but their mounts are about double the cost of ours, AI would need the Hydra 52, which I believe is around $629 to get a few less watts (watts aren't everything, just comparing apples to apples) but again you will save money on a gimmicky controller with AI also. Kessil AP9X is the closest to the V3, its a few more watts, but also an $849 price point. So, I really can't find an LED at this price point, please share the ones you were able to find that DO impress you since the V3 doesn't seem to.

That is the best part of this fun hobby, there are a ton of great options for you out there :)

If you are happy with your T5's why change just to change? I would stay with what works for you if you are happy with the outcome of the lights. Is there a reason you want to get out of the T5 world and into the LED world?

I think the led mix is much better in V3 vs V2. I would have liked to seen Mint or Cyan instead for the green and a couple less Blue for RB. But all in all it looks much better.

For the controller. It would have been better to have a Bluetooth chip to use with a phone instead of needing a separate remote. Or just have a better price point for the remote.
Scott is a distributor not the manufacturer so he's got little, if any, control over these things and can only forward on recommendations.

I would think that they had planned coming in at a slightly lower price point pre-pandemic but with the costs of everything going through the roof there isn't any choice but to raise the price. Ocean freight has gone through the roof and those transportation costs aren't a function of doing business but an indirect component of the finished goods. Between now and the end of the year we're all going to see increases on everything we by, not just reef related goods.

Looks like a great option! I’ve seen the prior model of this light on a frag tank and was super impressed with the light and spread.

The separate controller being debated is here shouldn’t be that big a deal. It costs $69, makes the total cost of 1 light $319. An absolute bargain for 140 watts of tune-able LED light.

If you need 2 or more lights, the cost of the controller is split across the lights you need. For 2 lights for a 48” tank, the cost per light is only $285 or $569 for 280 watts of led light.

Last edited:
I have three k7pro2's. I bought the controller with the first one. (Only needed one light at the time.) When I set up my bigger tank I bought two more lights. It was nice not having to pay the added price of a controller I didn't need

Back