Neptune Apex

mc524

Market
Reaction score
Those who have them...did you go with the Lite version or the full system? Looks like the only difference is the Ph Probe which is around $60-70, ORP and 2nd Ph Monitor, and 4 port Variable Speed Dimming Port.

The difference between the kits is around $100. I guess my question is, is that extra stuff even used? Only thing I could see useful is the extra Ph Monitor for a ATO container.

I want one of these, just trying to see what others have found useful, so I can figure out which version I really need.
At the moment, having the ability to see what is going on when I am away from home is KEY! Along with that obviously the Power Strips are needed. I don't have any reactors or dosing pumps at this time. So its just lights, pumps, and heaters to monitor.
This system is upgradeable correct...meaning I can add more to it later.

Anyway, look forward to your opinions...and one thing I do plan on doing is...staying wired! :lol2:

MC524;813866 wrote: Those who have them...did you go with the Lite version or the full system? Looks like the only difference is the Ph Probe which is around $60-70, ORP and 2nd Ph Monitor, and 4 port Variable Speed Dimming Port.

The difference between the kits is around $100. I guess my question is, is that extra stuff even used? Only thing I could see useful is the extra Ph Monitor for a ATO container.

I want one of these, just trying to see what others have found useful, so I can figure out which version I really need.
At the moment, having the ability to see what is going on when I am away from home is KEY! Along with that obviously the Power Strips are needed. I don't have any reactors or dosing pumps at this time. So its just lights, pumps, and heaters to monitor.

Anyway, look forward to your opinions...and one thing I do plan on doing is...staying wired! :lol2:

The full version also has greater control capacity, not that you will ever use. I got the whole banana, didn't want to be limited, since I'm buying once.

I hear ya. This will likely be my Christmas present to me type deal. Just wanting to make sure I get what I will actually use/need.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

If you dont plan to have or care about controlling a LED lighting system, tunze or similar power heads or ozone then there is no reason for the extra options.

that said, for $100 Id just get it. Its a drop in the bucket in this hobby.

MC524;813866 wrote: Those who have them...did you go with the Lite version or the full system? Looks like the only difference is the Ph Probe which is around $60-70, ORP and 2nd Ph Monitor, and 4 port Variable Speed Dimming Port.

You'll find once you get your APEX and see what it can do for you, you want to do more...and....more....and...more. It takes a little getting use to, but over time you'll have your APEX doing everything but washing dishes. Just my two cents.....

:D Do I know you? You certainly know me. Or, are like me. :D Or perhaps you know my wife, because she knows I am never satisfied with buying something if it has more bells and whistles.
So looks like I will have to drop the extra $100 on it. Dang, that will be an extra $100 I will have to spend on her in Feb. for our 20th!:rolleyes::D
I don't know how I managed it this long...........to keep her that is!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

If you have a Ca reactor having that 2nd pH probe ( switching ORP to pH) is handy

Back