Moving large tank?

BJEDVM13

Supporting
Reaction score
Hello!

I’ve been a member here for 2 years, but life has been chaotic and I’ve never posted anything. I have ordered a 600 gallon tank and stand (96” x 48” x 30”) from Miracles. Has anyone hired a local company to move in a large tank?
Thanks,
Brolin

Hey. I see others have used premier aquatics, but I personally have no experience. That tank sounds like it is going to be just amazing tho!
Thanks! I’m excited to get it going! My current livestock are in a stock tank until this is up and running. I will reach out to them again. They couldn’t move my 300 gallon because they said they didn’t have enough man power.

That sounds like quite the monster! Congratulations, that's a pretty huge tank even by public aquarium standards.
I will warn you, I have had two horrible experiences when using Premier to move large tanks. Both were 220g aquariums on a slab, the first one was never leveled and burst two weeks later while I was away from home & the second time was when they removed that one and installed a new one, which they also didn't level even after I asked them to several times. I had to go get them from the truck and hove them come back and re-level the stand, and lo and behold, they didn't level it right and it also burst a year later. This is leaving out my bad experiences with the employees themselves, who stole plants from my garden and were generally unreliable.
I *do* know that a lot of people have loved their experiences with them, and all of this was approximately 4 years ago, so they may have changed for the better. But you never really know.

Whatever the case, I'm confident you can assemble a team to haul the tank inside! I'm aware of at least one or two other large tanks that the club helped install in homes, so it may not be a bad idea to ask here.
Have a great day and God bless.

Is the tank glass or acrylic? Does the tank have to go up any stairs?

The club has two sets of four suction cups that have come in handy many times. I think the best bet might be asking for club help. I've been a volunteer for moving 3 large tanks in the club and at least 7 people showed up each time. Food and beer goes a long way apparently

From my experience of calling around including MRC and moving companies when I was trying to sell my 610g, no one will touch that tank for less than 10-15k to move it. Best bet it getting equipment and a big group from arc to help.

SEA(also MRC) quoted me $1500 to deliver my 330g (also a miracles tank)

From my experience of calling around including MRC and moving companies when I was trying to sell my 610g, no one will touch that tank for less than 10-15k to move it. Best bet it getting equipment and a big group from arc to help.
Goodness! That’s more than the tank/stand and skin! I’ll see if I can get enough people together closer to time.

Is the tank glass or acrylic? Does the tank have to go up any stairs?

The club has two sets of four suction cups that have come in handy many times. I think the best bet might be asking for club help. I've been a volunteer for moving 3 large tanks in the club and at least 7 people showed up each time. Food and beer goes a long way apparently
It’s glass. No stairs. A step up to get onto the porch and a step up to get in the house. I may need a keg! I’d cook them a steak if they helped with this bad boy!

That sounds like quite the monster! Congratulations, that's a pretty huge tank even by public aquarium standards.
I will warn you, I have had two horrible experiences when using Premier to move large tanks. Both were 220g aquariums on a slab, the first one was never leveled and burst two weeks later while I was away from home & the second time was when they removed that one and installed a new one, which they also didn't level even after I asked them to several times. I had to go get them from the truck and hove them come back and re-level the stand, and lo and behold, they didn't level it right and it also burst a year later. This is leaving out my bad experiences with the employees themselves, who stole plants from my garden and were generally unreliable.
I *do* know that a lot of people have loved their experiences with them, and all of this was approximately 4 years ago, so they may have changed for the better. But you never really know.

Whatever the case, I'm confident you can assemble a team to haul the tank inside! I'm aware of at least one or two other large tanks that the club helped install in homes, so it may not be a bad idea to ask here.
Have a great day and God bless.
Thanks for your input. Do you know how they posted for help? I’m not even sure when the tank will be completed, but I’m a planner and would like to get my ducks in a row.

Goodness! That’s more than the tank/stand and skin! I’ll see if I can get enough people together closer to time.
It’s definitely possible with a good group! I’ll volunteer to help if I can. I’ll need help myself when my 580g gets delivered

Same, I'd be willing to come help when time comes. Let me know. I've moved half a 200 gallon before.

The tank finally showed up. It was a hassle because it came via Yellow and they went under. I know it’s last minute, but if anyone is available to help tomorrow at 11am, it would be great! I’m paying for some muscle, but if anyone has some experience moving large tanks, that’d be great. I can pay in returning the favor, money, food, or drink, lol. I have furniture dollies, two lift tables and 8 suction cups

I hope you have very long arms lol. I had my 36” wide (front to back) positioned like yours with the back right corner to a wall. I had such a hard time getting to that side to do anything. It was back breaking for me to lean over and reach. Plus it was a chore to clean that side of the glass. You’ve probably thought through it already but just thought I would point it out in case you didn’t.

Back