Meeting Suggestions...

I saw a comment about someone saying something about captive breeding of fish I believe. That would be a pretty cool thing to touch on. Maybe like a how to guide or something like that for people interested in trying to do that sort of stuff. The reefs aren't just about coral (yes mostly) but fish need help to!
Here’s a link about Tal‘s visit to a monthly ARC meeting:

Wannabee

Here’s a link about Tal‘s visit to a monthly ARC meeting:

Wannabee
I’ve searched under “Club Announcements” for the event. “Search” only goes back to Oct. 2016. If one can find information on the May 2012 ARC meeting; you’ll probably find a “treasure” of info related to Tal’s visit. I didn’t realize it’s been 7 1/2 years ago when that meeting occurre.

I’ve searched under “Club Announcements” for the event. “Search” only goes back to Oct. 2016. If one can find information on the May 2012 ARC meeting; you’ll probably find a “treasure” of info related to Tal’s visit. I didn’t realize it’s been 7 1/2 years ago when that meeting occurre.
Here’s a link about Tal and his project. His visit to ARC in 2012 was very informative and educational.

How many people made that trip to seachem? I remember it being kind of low in numbers... Not that all the meetings need to have a ton of folks or anything...
We did one in February two or three years ago. Turnout was pretty good for the drive out there. I think we had close to 50. Much more than that and it might be a little overwhelming for them.

The Seachem facility was a great tour. Glad they weren't making Garlic guard then. :) I've been to the sea turtle place on Tybee island with my kids as well. Heck of a drive though.
Maybe the Sea Turtle Rescuers could travel to ATL and bring a couple of their “friends” for an informative and educational ARC monthly meeting? It would be nice if the Tybee Island Rescue Crew could line up “two shows in one in ATL”. One show at an ARC meeting, the other show at a local school or Girl Scouts/Boy Scouts event. - just my 1/2 cent

Not my Idea but I watched the BRS frozen food tutorial and they had mentioned this would be a great meeting idea for local clubs. Having a meeting where we make frozen food for the club would be educational, fun, and the attendees get a bag of frozen food to bring home..
Some years ago, an ARC monthly meeting’s guest speaker was from Rod’s Food. I believe he’s from NC. He told us how he started his company and we all left with some free samples. Great educational meeting from someone whom wanted to create something to help us maintain our tank mates.
wannabee

Marc Levenson was always a well liked speaker.

A photography meeting was always one of my favorites. The last one I did leaned heavier on towards the post processing side. Previous ones were hands on shooting. With cellphones dominating the photo world these days, I don't know if this topic is even applicable any more.

Aquascaping challenges are very popular at shows. Maybe a talk and demo surrounding that?

It's gratifying to see so many great suggestions! It speaks volumes about the enthusiasm of our group. @FutureInterest you can't go wrong with any of these. Thanks for your IP!

Not for sure if anyone else has suggested yet, but Mr. Saltwater would be nice. Or Jason Fox has spoken at various events/shows. Maybe he could come in, Q and A with the most famous Coral grower/vendor. He also could bring some coral for sale. ;)

Not for sure if anyone else has suggested yet, but Mr. Saltwater would be nice. Or Jason Fox has spoken at various events/shows. Maybe he could come in, Q and A with the most famous Coral grower/vendor. He also could bring some coral for sale. ;)

Mr. Saltwater Tank is always great!

I can reach out to Mr Saltwater Tank if/whenever we decide we want to. I wouldn’t necessarily call him a close friend or anything, but we’ve talked a few times and invited me to his place. He’s a cool guy and doesn’t live too far from here; definitely drivable.

FWIW....Mark (Mr Saltwater Tank) was here several years ago. He drew a good crowd and provided an excellent seminar. I'd love to see him again. He gave away several of his books as door prizes. If you haven't seen it, his 600 gallon DT is for sale on R2R. He's finally upgrading.

We went to Seachem back in 2012 or 13 & it was pretty well attended with about ~20-30 people attending. Many of us went into Madison to a great little pizza place afterwards. Seachem did a great job of hosting/presenting to our group, handed out samples, & a few door prizes as I recall. It’s a haul out there for me/us on north/west side.

Back