Meeting Suggestions...

FutureInterest

Market
Reaction score
So we're starting to put together the calendar of meetings for this upcoming year. We would love to hear from you guys on what you guys would like to see more of. So if you have any suggestions for meetings, please let us know. :)

Thanks!
Jin

I knows it’s been said before but a Georgia aquarium meeting would be sweet. A few things about it, I know if we do an early meeting the aquarium has early bird specials which is before 11am. Also I volunteered in the tropical diver exhibit for 2 years and know a few of the employees. I’m sure if we get in touch with them they could do some sort of group behind the scenes tour.

Is the club due a trip to Seachem? Great company whom made me a fan after our ARC trip some years ago. I believe it was the 1st trip; about 6 years ago (?) . Downtown Madison has a great pizza place where we all gathers afterwards. And yes, they serve alcohol for those whom require refreshments. Not sure if you can bring the Karaoke guy from Christmas Party with his setup to the pizza place.

wannabee

Tybee Island has the turtle recovery place for Sea Turtles. I mentioned this some years ago about having an event with the children. I know it’s a drive from ATL; but it would be a Great learning experience for the youth of ARC . If that’s to far to travel; maybe set it up to where they could come for an educational experience in ATL.

wannabee

P.S. I mentioned this before. Bring in some microscope and let the youth see ”what’s in your tank?” That meeting happened at the regular place, I.e. Dr. Office complex. I didn’t like the spiders on display looking in the microscope. Have a frag swap in this meeting as well. Another idea; bring in someone like Tal; captive breeder, very educational ARC meeting. If not addressed yet; maybe the ARC could help with a captive breeding of some marine fish. That would be cool.

That was a great field trip Dan!
Sea Chem really did a great job of hosting us & that pizza place was great.

The Seachem facility was a great tour. Glad they weren't making Garlic guard then. :) I've been to the sea turtle place on Tybee island with my kids as well. Heck of a drive though.

How many people made that trip to seachem? I remember it being kind of low in numbers... Not that all the meetings need to have a ton of folks or anything...

The last seachem trip had a late breaking date change. Since it was during the week I (and at least a few others) had to cancel due to work scheduling.

I saw a comment about someone saying something about captive breeding of fish I believe. That would be a pretty cool thing to touch on. Maybe like a how to guide or something like that for people interested in trying to do that sort of stuff. The reefs aren't just about coral (yes mostly) but fish need help to!

I saw a comment about someone saying something about captive breeding of fish I believe. That would be a pretty cool thing to touch on. Maybe like a how to guide or something like that for people interested in trying to do that sort of stuff. The reefs aren't just about coral (yes mostly) but fish need help to!
Along these lines - growing your own copepods, phyto, brine, etc would be awesome topics as well.

Yes! That would be perfect! Do like a whole section maybe on growing/breeding stuff like this. Sorry I know we are getting off topic here lol We should probably start a new post about things like that.
Add the microscopes for the youth to see “What’s Livin’ in our tanks. This could be a half or full day event . - _ Wannabee

Back