Meeting minutes 1/06/15

dball711

Supporting
Reaction score
Tonight our new club officers and existing BoD members conducted the first meeting of the new ARC BoD for 2015. We are all very excited about the upcoming year and opportunity to build some excitement for our members along the way. One area of focus for us is to be more transparent to the direction leadership is providing and open up communication with membership. Our goal is to put the passion that created this club back into the current operation of the club.

I’m not making any promises but 2015 is going to be one to remember. Fasten your seatbelts and get ready for an exciting year but be aware that we are just starting to scratch the surface.

Here are the notes from tonight’s meeting…

January 6, 2015

Attending, Josh Stowe, Stacy Neece, Rich Nelson, Jason Rader, Holley Barrett, Hal Barrett & Dave Ball.

BoD Meeting Agenda

I. Rich opened the meeting by greeting the BoD, and setting the following expectations from the BoD.
A. BoD members to stay on top of the club issues and happenings.
B. Timely BoD responses whenever possible.
C. BoD responsibility and follow through to the club, set the expectations of stepping up and keeping our commitments.
D. BoD will keep discussions on point and concise to allow time for everything. Set the expectation to freely express individual opinions while supporting BoD decisions.

II. January General Meeting
A. Catering to be provided by 5 Star culinary group to provide a catered BBQ meal, Jason coordinated the effort.
B. Give away items Jason motioned below, Rich seconded – unanimous vote to approve.
1. LRS give away items open to all
2. ARC give away items open to members only

III. Financials - Stacy provided club financials statement Review
Reviewed club account statement charges/activity for the past year.
*Any members wanting to review the banking statements must make a request in writing to the Bod and attend the next BoD meeting to view.

IV. Annual Charitable Donation – The Bod reviewed possible recipients for this years recipient.
A. Coral Restoration Foundation was agreed to be the top choice – Our intention would be to partner with them for a year long effort.
Stacy motioned that Coral Restoration Foundation to be this years recipient for our annual charitable donation, Josh seconds the motion and it passes with a unanimous vote.

V. Expo Planning – We discussed several topics for the Expo. We are looking at some really cool stuff to make this one to remember. Nothing has been agreed to or voted on as we are still researching the following topics.
A. Looking at dates in April/May
B. Discussion on possible Venue
C. Discussion on possible agreement with Coral Farmers Market
D. Volunteer Coordinator
E. Discussion on available speakers Speakers

VI. Membership Coordinator
A. As president, Rich appoints Holley and Hal as this years Membership Coordinators.

VII. Sponsor Coordinator
A. Jason is appointed to be Sponsor Coordinator for the year.

VIII. Dive Trip – Rich designates Stacy as coordinator for this event.
A. Discussion about making this a Club Sponsored event.
B. Coordination between ARC and CRF.

IX. Saltwater U
A. We talked about making this a year long effort to revive this within the club.
B. Stacy will head up this program.

X. Broadcasting Meetings Discussion of options for recording meetings for membership viewing after the meeting date.
A. Discussion of using Thomas of Thomas Vision as our videographer.

XI. February Meeting topic, date and location verified, announcement to follow shortly. Jason is taking the lead coordinating this meeting.
A. SEA has offered to host this meeting. B. Subject matter?

XII. Site Administration
A. We reviewed suggestions on who will be responsible for continue site administration and the possibility of contracting an outside firm to revamp, update and maintain the ARC website.
B. Need to further research the BoD recommendations on how to proceed, this is a work in progress.

XIII. Social Media Discussion to refocus our Facebook presence.
A. Josh to take the lead role in administration of the ARC Facebook page.

Like what I'm seeing in there. Nice.

Hopefully I'm on the charitable donation list... could use some "coral restoration". :D

Dave,
Let me say thank you for posting the minutes of the meeting. I'm not able to make it down that way as often as I like, by having someone post the details of the discussion it allows me to see what is happening within the club and the direction that the BOD is going. I really believe that this is will let people see all the things that you guys do. If I can help in any way please let me know.
Thanks,
Ben.

Thanks Dave. Now that the cat is out of the bag I can make some official announcements. :) That's the fun part of this job.

Thanks Dave and to the BOD. I feel some energy here!:wow2::yay::yay::):)

Great update, thanks!

Stacy if you need help with the dive trip LMK. Or anything else for that matter!

This is going to be a great year! Hopefully I can attend some more meetings.

Thanks for sharing this important information and for the time and effort you guys leaving on the coordination and future venues for this club. Thanks to all people involved.
Wish I can contribute as well

Back