May I borrow a PAR meter?

geno

Market
Reaction score
I have been wanting to move in to the SPS arena -- and have failed in the past. I now have a CR and am able to maintain my key parameters -- so now I need to know if my lighting will measure up.

I've talked with a few folks who admit that my lighting might be on the edge of acceptability for my tank. I have a 125 with the Outer Orbit fixture that has 3 x 150 MH and 4 x 96 Actinics. My tank is 72" in length -- so the light is spread pretty thin (at least that's what some tell me).

I recently was told that PAR is related to Kelvin and I'm currently running 20K bulbs. I was thinking of going to a lower Kelvin to possibly raised the PAR -- but I'd like to know where I am now before investing in new bulbs that may not really do the trick.

Anyway, if anyone has a PAR meter they don't mind loaning me for a few hours -- I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,
-gene

I believe Tim over at Keen Reef has one that he rents out. Might want to send him a PM or give him a call :)

Jenn

AndyMan;546646 wrote: Check with DrNecropolis, see if he's done with mine...
Very much so.. Slinky said it was cool if he got it from me as per you.. I still have it... So, whats the story with that?

Did you forget about me? I still need to do a few more readings on the new light setup. However since Doc sent Barry to pick it up the same day I didn't get those done.

Ansley will meet me tomorrow early afternoon either in person or at All Things Aquatics, I will borrow it for a day, and I can meet with Geno in Alpharetta Saturday or Sunday. Geno, Please let me know when/where I can give you the PAR meter.

Andy, I wil keep you in loop.

AndyMan;546661 wrote: I figured Ansley would have picked up day or 2 later giving you chance to test
LOL, Nooo. Don't sweat it man. I'll do it at a later date. I got the important readings on the existing tank. I just wanted to test the other reflectors and ballast that I'm using on the new setup while it was here.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Slinky -- I sent you a PM

BTW -- I asked some of the ARC officers if the club had one and was directed to post a thread as I did.

Thanks again to all.

-gene

AndyMan;546679 wrote: Sounds like there could be a meeting of the minds @ All Things Aquatic for the meter exchange and John just might get his readings before slinky steals it for the weeeknd
That would be awsome. I just need it for about ten minutes more :thumbs:.

It will probably be sometime tomorrow.. I'm not sure what time off hand since its my bday and I will be all over the place (and not on ARC)

Im ready to borrie it if it is available - it will help me decide my timeline in LED!!

Andy,

It was truly my pleasure. I know I probably talked your ear off -- but it's such a pleasure to spend time with a fellow enthusiast. I feel like a sponge around folks like you -- who have learned so much over the years.

I hope to see you in Orlando and perhaps make the acquaintance of other ARC members.

Thanks again for your loan of the meter.

Keep me posted on the sale of those corals we talked about. Perhaps after we get back for Florida.

See you soon,
Gene

AndyMan;549117 wrote: gimme a call when you're ready mate...

I may try to give you a call and pick up on lunch since my ofice is near you - then brign it back tomorrow at lunch, sound good?

Back