Jman's 310 Upgrade!

Tested phosphate again today. Down to 0.73. I also tested the water coming out of the reactor and it’s 0.11. I’m not sure if that means the GFO is depleted or if it just means there’s more phosphate than can be removed at one time at the flow I had it at. I had pretty high flow through the reactor. I just slowed it down to see if that will help any. Last week it was at 1.25. What is the target again? 0.0x-0.1x?

Tested phosphate again today. Down to 0.73. I also tested the water coming out of the reactor and it’s 0.11. I’m not sure if that means the GFO is depleted or if it just means there’s more phosphate than can be removed at one time at the flow I had it at. I had pretty high flow through the reactor. I just slowed it down to see if that will help any. Last week it was at 1.25. What is the target again? 0.0x-0.1x?
If effluent is lower than the tank, then it def has more ability to absorb. About how often are you changing it? Careful with running it too high flow, you just want it to tumble just a little bit not to clump. Too high flow can cause some dusting into the tank.

I haven’t replaced this batch yet. It’s the high capacity BRS gfo. Much less dusting. Only been running a week.
So as long as the effluent is less then the DT then no need to change it. Gotcha. Thanks @civics14!

Update on the sulfur reactor. Finally!!!! I finally have zero nitrate/nitrite. Coming out of the reactor. I have increased my flow from .5 ml to 15ml to see if I continue to get zero or if I will need to dial it back. I almost gave up! Now it’ll just be tuning it from here to get the flow right.

Back