Is there a way to quickly/safely buff out scratches in acrylic tanks?

Hunna

Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
Pretty much what the title says. I picked up an Eshopps Deskmate off of someone in here and I absolutely LOVE the tank. The only problem is that the acrylic is scratched pretty badly and it’s hard to get good photos/videos of what I have going on inside it. It’s tiny, so I could easily empty it out, throw everything into a bucket for a few hours, and fill it back up. Is there a way in that timeframe to buff some of the scratches out? If so, how would I go about it? I really love the size of it, so I don’t want to replace it. But I also want to be able to take photos/videos of it more easily.

NOVIS 1, 2, 3

Pure reef used to stock it.
I found it on Amazon for $12.99, it should be here by Tuesday. How long do I need to wait after using it before I can put everything back into the tank?

I found it on Amazon for $12.99, it should be here by Tuesday. How long do I need to wait after using it before I can put everything back into the tank?
No time at all. You can use it in an active tank if it was needed. But with that tank. Doing the 3 steps and a quick rinse :)

No time at all. You can use it in an active tank if it was needed. But with that tank. Doing the 3 steps and a quick rinse :)
Awesome, can’t wait to get it cleared up and looking new!

Back