Inactive threads

We've started deleting them after a year or so. Cleaned a bunch up in February.

I did see there is a way to batch close threads with date parameters too. Any recommendations for the age?

I'd say a month maybe 2. If someone is trying to sell something that desperately, and it hasn't actually been sold, they'll bump it as needed.

I would suggest something similar, but different. Another forum, DendroBoard, has a warning notification on threads older than a set period, that says "This thread is (xyears) old, are sure you want to reply? You may not get a response." That could be another option, as opposed to deleting the threads outright (which should probably still be done every year or two.)

I would suggest something similar, but different. Another forum, DendroBoard, has a warning notification on threads older than a set period, that says "This thread is (xyears) old, are sure you want to reply? You may not get a response." That could be another option, as opposed to deleting the threads outright (which should probably still be done every year or two.)
They won't be deleted. Just closed and the poster can reopen if wanted to

We will discuss this next week on our BoD Zoom meeting. If everyone on the board agrees we will implement it soon.

Right now every few months the threads in the Market will be cleaned of those that are inactive over a year. So 14 to 15 months will be the max in there. Sales threads are usually pic heavy and take up a lot more space. We cleaned like 10-20gb off the server at the end of February and it will probably be done again at the end of this month. The free'd space won't be as much but it will keep things a bit tidier.

Regarding closing threads at 60-90 days, per this discussion. As mentioned, closing or locking threads does not delete them. But doing both in a batch process is very similar in the back end. It is actually a pretty simple thing to do and we may even look to add scripts to do both automatically at the 1st of the month to avoid forgetting to get it done. Closed threads can be reopened per an OP request. So the year for deletion would still stand.

If anyone would like more info or examples of how it would work please ask.

Back