I need some suggestions

redraveny2k

Reaction score
My husband just brought my a 60 gallon aqueon cube from petco. I want to set up a new reef tank. I want to test out some new theories about filtration using a sicce whale canister filter. I know nitrates this etc. I'm not afraid of work or numbers.
I don't want to drill because I don't want the glass to shattered because I can't see when it was manufactured (covid glass shortage) and I don't want my husband to have wasted money on a sweet gesture.
Idk about people see equipment sooo.
Suggestions please?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231111_120248_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20231111_120248_Drive.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 10
I was also planning to play around with using a canister filter for main filtration. I bought a pre filter “canister” that then attached to the actual canister filter. In the canister filter I only had media in it and all the sponge was in the pre filter. Easy to disconnect to clean the sponge and the canister filter was much cleaner.

I will never ever do any tank without a sup again, but that's entirely for ease of maintenance. I've hear of people having great success with canisters, and particularity with the Sicce Whale canisters. I would largely oversize it if I were going to do it.

Probably too soon, but if you wanted to start with some already cycled live rock, I just put a bunch up for free.

Back