Has anybody dove at the Atlanta Aquarium or want to???

I'm actually planning to go in October. I won a voucher at sea ventures, and I've heard great stories about it from the dive shop! They say that people fly to Atlanta specifically so they can dive with the whale sharks in the aquarium.

At least 1 person here dives regularly there

Tish & I have dove in the big tank when I volunteered down there.
It’s a little pricey but IMO well worth it.

watching the manta rays do loops in your bubbles from underneath is just amazing.

I was just there last month and I never know that this was a thing so this is going on the bucket list haha

I now @wildernet has done it a lot in the past. I believe it was in a volunteer capacity of some sort but, if memory serves, it was pretty regular.

Yep. I dive it multiple times a month. It’s fantastic! Nothing quite like a Manta Ray gliding about an inch over your head while you scrub algae off the rocks. Or diving in the tank to place corals and feed fish. HIGHLY recommended!

My wife and I both want to. And I’ll be looking to volunteer there shortly

I was sad to hear one of the Mantas passed away a couple months back.

Absolutely amazing experience, highly recommended.

The new shark tank opens later this month and there will be a cage dive you can do in that tank too.

Absolutely amazing experience, highly recommended.

The new shark tank opens later this month and there will be a cage dive you can do in that tank too.

I’ve been counting down the days! I hear they are getting Giant Hammerheads and Tigers (as well as sand tigers and some of the other staples).

My wife, daughter and I did it a few years ago and it was an awful lot of fun.
We all loved it and would recommend it - there isn't anywhere that you can see so many creatures living in harmony in such choose proximity.
Well worth the money!

I think it would be a very exciting experience but I just can’t get over the $233 price tag for 30 min dive time. That is almost $8 / min. Perhaps if there was a ARC organized group that helped to lower the price a bit.

I have however done the Diver Experience at Disney Worlds Epcot while we were there on vacation several years ago. It cost me $150 for a 30 min dive and I must admit that I enjoyed every minute of it.

The primary benefit of these types of experience to the average diver is that you have an opportunity get wet and up close to animals that can take you a life time to experience via normal ocean diving. The benefit to the aquarium is that it helps to provide much needed funding.

Back