Georgia Aqaurium Dive Test

washowi

Market
Reaction score
Completed it today...I PASSED!!!!

Honostly, one of the hardest things I have done in scuba.....because everything is back to back and so fast.....

So here I am, a 44 year old fat guy, taking the test with 5 -20 year old girls with zero body fat.

So let's hear it for the FAT OLD GUYS of the world!! But they were cute, so I smiled alot...

Anyway. Did the 400 in 10 minutes. I came in third I believe.. FAT OLD GUYS 1 !!!

Then the 25 yard under water swim without breaking the surface......I was scared there....First time I made half way, second time the same...so now I wondering OK I failed pack up and enjoy Bonaire....But they allow 3 tries....The last time I finally made it....I thought I was going to black out...drown, anything..I was going to hit the wall.......Then, I fianlly touched the wall.... FAT OLD GUYS 2!!!!

The rest was easy.....but, some divers had troubles....they use DIR BC's......those are no easy, it was not an easy test by no means.

Then, on the last skill.....I run out of air (well I am down to 100 psi) ..Remember, I am sucking air and breathing so hard from all of these tests and skills, My heart is racing, My chest muslces are killing me, my calf charlie horse's on me.....But I keep smiling and admit NO PAIN!!! FAT OLD GUYS 3!!!!

Go pee in a cup....

See yinze thru the acrylic!!!

Diver Todd

Thanks to all.....still breathin hard and my muscles ache all over...

where's the beer......

Fat Old Guy :)

That is great Todd!! I felt the same way you did! I told you about that 25 yards underwater and you said...."Oh that will be so easy"......hmmmmmmm....told you so :)

How long did it take you to swim the 25 yarder? I know you are huffing while you are doing it so it isn't like simply holding your breath underwater, but I am curious.

Oh and huge congrats!

fishwhisperer wrote: That is great Todd!! I felt the same way you did! I told you about that 25 yards underwater and you said...."Oh that will be so easy"......hmmmmmmm....told you so :)

Sally...you were soo freaking right!! I guess I thought I was better than I am...In the scuba test I think I got to wear my flippers.....

I swear to God I thought I was going to drown.

Cameron wrote: How long did it take you to swim the 25 yarder? I know you are huffing while you are doing it so it isn't like simply holding your breath underwater, but I am curious.

Oh and huge congrats!

An eternity....I finally figured out to do it REALLY SLOW!!!! that way I did not burn out. And yes you hold your breath the entire way...

Congrats Todd! I have a friend who is a diver there as well and she loves it.

-Andy

I am pretty sure I could hold my breath that long, but I am equally sure I couldn't swim 25 yards doing it. Whew... again great job.

so you're going to be one of these guys soon... eh?

Diver.jpg
alt="" />

congrats!

Congratulations Todd! :clap:

So is this how you felt after finishing that 25 yard underwater swim? Gasp...gasp...:jumpy:

From one old fat guy to another: You rock!

Congratulations again! :up:

Bob

Very cool. Congrats!

washowi wrote: So here I am, a 44 year old fat guy, taking the test with 5 -20 year old girls with zero body fat. [...] But they were cute, so I smiled alot...

I hope that was meant to be "five 20 yr old girls" and not "5yr old to 20yr old girls"!!!!:confused2:

Back