Filtration setups

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
I’m just curious what most people are using for filtration, skimmers, fuge, socks, floss, etc.

My water flows through some filter floss then my skimmer (RO Regal 150). I have some matrix in another sump chamber after my skimmer. I have an algae turfs scrubber that I haven’t put online yet and a marine pure block sitting around. I feel like it’s doing a good job with keeping the tank clean. I really like the filter floss cause it keeps the sump clean too and doesn’t get as clogged as socks did when I ran them.

On my 20 long I have a ball of chaeto in the sump, an aquaclear hanging on the sump with some carbon in it...and that's it. I tried a few other things over the years with mechanical filtration and skimmers and such but in the end this particular setup seems to give me great results for minimal maintenance.

On my 20 long I have a ball of chaeto in the sump, an aquaclear hanging on the sump with some carbon in it...and that's it. I tried a few other things over the years with mechanical filtration and skimmers and such but in the end this particular setup seems to give me great results for minimal maintenance.
I feel like aquaclears are great filtrations for smaller ranks. I ran one on a 5.5g nano. Held my heater, matrix and temp probe perfectly.

125 gallon

Filter socks, live rock in sump and return pump. Have a reef octo 2000 sro ext just sitting in my closet because all my numbers stay where I want them. Even have to dose phos and nitrate when numbers aren't kept up by reef roids, AB+, Acropower. Afraid if I add the skimmer my numbers will bottom out..ph stays at 8 at night and 8.3/4 by day.

Filter socks, skimmer, refugium with chaeto, and I run a carbon reactor every other month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

90g DT
29g sump - no baffles

The only filtration I have is a DIY ATS, some floss and LR.

No Skimmer
No Reactors
No fuge
No socks
No water changes (well, almost lol, I do occasionally do one once every 4-6 months for peace of mind)
...KISS

Running fully saturated KALK for dosing with from a brute and a brs doser, again no need to complicate things with a stirrer or other nonsense.

Back