Excited for Class next week

nzelinsky

Supporting
Reaction score
I’m very excited to do my open water very next week in Cozumel. My wife and I did the two dive discovery course last year and loved it. I can’t wait to get back down there and actually get certified this time. Any tips for successfully completing the course?

You’ll do fine. Take the class seriously, and learn what they tell you. Diving can be life or death; day-to-day, everything will be fine... but there is always exceptional moments when the teachings become important.

Otherwise, enjoy Cozumel!

Have fun and don't stress!

Learn and practice your dive tables - I think everyone needs to understand what their dive computer is telling them - and be prepared to deal with a situation where the computer is broken, lost, dead battery etc.

And then practice, practice, practice those underwater skills. Clearing anything (mask, ears, reg etc) should be second nature and almost a habit. Practice brings understanding and comfort - which makes all of your dives much more enjoyable and better prepares you to work through any challenges or out of the ordinary situations that may arise.

Back