My Waterbox Marine X 110.4 (Also, my first thread!)

Nick_AquaWorks

Reaction score
About 2 years ago, my wife and I finally decided to make the jump from freshwater to marine aquariums. At the time we had been raising freshwater Aquascapes for years and felt like we were ready to step into the vastness of marine aquaria. We were masters of freshwater, of course, we were going to breeze right into saltwater like the seasoned professionals we are!

***Insert smug-faced foot-in-the-mouth meme here***

Man, was I wrong… Over the next 6-8 months, I am certain that I made every single mistake and bad decision that a newbie reefer could make, despite reading hundreds of threads warning me not to, and thinking, nah, I’m the exception, it’ll work for me.

After finally being deeply smacked back into reality, we saved, made smarter investments, and started from the beginning.

FE1D274E-2A2D-4EBA-9596-CF8730932C42.jpeg
DELIVERY DAY!

9907A08F-AF01-4FEA-8867-CF268519F39E.jpeg

Two Months Later

10AB8C0E-1750-495B-8B80-ABED312310E3.jpeg

Six Months After That

F220A4C3-ABEC-4492-B603-FA9DEC12004E.jpeg

Pretty Much Present Day
It has been an incredible 18 months; learning, waiting, watching, scouring the internet for people like us who we can count on along the way, and most of all finding fellowship in the deep blue sea. I am very hopeful that I will be a valuable member of the Atlanta Reef Club community and excited to learn from the community of evolving experts around me!

Great looking tank. I don’t see it in the second picture but do you still have the butterfly fish? I’ve always been a fan of them.

Looking great friend! I can give you some bryopsis algae if you would like to add one more learning curve to your list 😜. I can't wait to see it grow out, I think it's going to be a beautiful tank.

All the best,
Jesse A Coulter

About 2 years ago, my wife and I finally decided to make the jump from freshwater to marine aquariums. At the time we had been raising freshwater Aquascapes for years and felt like we were ready to step into the vastness of marine aquaria. We were masters of freshwater, of course, we were going to breeze right into saltwater like the seasoned professionals we are!

***Insert smug-faced foot-in-the-mouth meme here***

Man, was I wrong… Over the next 6-8 months, I am certain that I made every single mistake and bad decision that a newbie reefer could make, despite reading hundreds of threads warning me not to, and thinking, nah, I’m the exception, it’ll work for me.

After finally being deeply smacked back into reality, we saved, made smarter investments, and started from the beginning.

View attachment 71935
DELIVERY DAY!

View attachment 71936

Two Months Later

View attachment 71937

Six Months After That

View attachment 71938

Pretty Much Present Day
It has been an incredible 18 months; learning, waiting, watching, scouring the internet for people like us who we can count on along the way, and most of all finding fellowship in the deep blue sea. I am very hopeful that I will be a valuable member of the Atlanta Reef Club community and excited to learn from the community of evolving experts around me!
Not sure how I missed your first post but yeah, we all make those mistakes trying to cut corners. Sometimes you win, but most times you lose. All a learning experience. Glad you are with us! Beautiful tank.

Back