Endoscpoe

Givmeanf

Supporting
Reaction score
I purchased an Endoscope. One of those $35 items that connects to a phone.
I needed to look down a drain pipe before the plumber looked down it.
I also need to look inside a wall to see what is going on.
BUT............... I got the bright idea to take it for a dip in my aquarium.
It works! There are limitations, but it works. The cable is unruly, but that's just a matter of control.
I can't wait to fill this tank with coral and start making dives to get up close with the critters.
Once I have something to film, I'll share.

Attachments

• endoscope.jpeg
    endoscope.jpeg
    399.3 KB · Views: 15
Somebody let me know if this link does not work for you.

This short clip is my first SCUBA dive into my aquarium.
This is a new tank. It is cycling.
No coral.
No fish.
Nothing but the reef rock.
Once I get the giggle out of it and stop the bounce that looks like I am kicking my feet like I'm swimming, it is going to work.
In between the 'kicks' the picture is nice and clear.
I'm doing this for fun, but I can see it being used to get a really up-close view of coral issues.
Or down a hole to see who/what is in there. (It has a light.)

Ive watched it. Thats pretty clear view.
Somehow get it stabilized and you are good~

FYI.
I played around with one of those BLINK cameras.
They do not have the resolution, nor the depth perception looking through glass and water.
The camera zeros in on focusing at one depth, everything else in just kind of a blur.

Funny you mention that. I currently have blink camera as viewing when I’m out of town and like you mentioned it’s not the best. I’ve asked wife to get me a camera and that’s what happens. I don’t like that it’s not controller-ble. Able to move the camera around. I really need to find Orange film to put over the camera. I just use to check water level etcIMG_6352.png

Funny you mention that. I currently have blink camera as viewing when I’m out of town and like you mentioned it’s not the best. I’ve asked wife to get me a camera and that’s what happens. I don’t like that it’s not controller-ble. Able to move the camera around. I really need to find Orange film to put over the camera. I just use to check water level etcView attachment 83996
I’m thinking of pulling out an old iPhone. They don’t need a phone number to work over my local WiFi, I think. I have to get to lowdown from my daughter
, she gives her old phones to her kids to play with and they don’t have cell numbers.
I need to get an old iPhone from home when I’m there again too.

Yep}. Old gadgets are very useful sometimes here. Having a dedicated monitoring screen (like pictured) using old phone is kinda savvy too. Always need timer and calculator etc. Having Neptune Apex on Alexa is pretty cool too. If you have that.

IMG_6358.png

I purchased an Endoscope. One of those $35 items that connects to a phone.
I needed to look down a drain pipe before the plumber looked down it.
I also need to look inside a wall to see what is going on.
BUT............... I got the bright idea to take it for a dip in my aquarium.
It works! There are limitations, but it works. The cable is unruly, but that's just a matter of control.
I can't wait to fill this tank with coral and start making dives to get up close with the critters.
Once I have something to film, I'll share.
Just curious what you was worried about the plumber seeing....lol

Just curious what you was worried about the plumber seeing....lol
I'm an old mean retired man from New York.
I'm very cynical, I worked in NYC construction too long. I've heard it all, seen it all.
Stepped in it, and stepped over it.
I believe what I see, and little of what I'm told.
And at a buck fifty and hour, I'm going to know what the plumber knows before he knows it so we can jump past the BS and save me that time, and money and do what has to be done without gold plating a drain line.
BUT .......... I really wanted the endoscope to look at the corals.
The drain problem is a really good excuse to get it, ain't it.
(AND I don't have to claim it on my coral reef habit, we can budget that to the home repairs account. 😁)

Yep}. Old gadgets are very useful sometimes here. Having a dedicated monitoring screen (like pictured) using old phone is kinda savvy too. Always need timer and calculator etc. Having Neptune Apex on Alexa is pretty cool too. If you have that.

View attachment 83998
I have a couple old phones I need to get next time I’m in NY. I already bought the cradle phone charger to set inside the tank stands cabinet.

Back