Dive Classes

terrimorgan

Reaction score
Hi Divers,

Well I have finally decided to learn how to dive, and thought this would be a great place to start. I am hoping some of you regular divers can give me some guidance on where to turn to for lessons. I live in Acworth, and would prefer something near by, but will travel for a better quality class or dive instructor. Also an idea how how much I could expect to pay, so I didn't get payment shock, would be great. Would also like to find a group that is willing to travel and learn together.

Any suggestions, comments is greatly appreciated. Terri

Who would have ever thought after living in Hawaii and Okiniwa, I finally get into the reef and diving hobby while living in GA. :doh:

I took my classes at Divers Supply in Marietta. They have a pool downstairs and I liked everyone that I have taken classes from.

I take my classes at Elements close to lake lanier. A bit far but maybe the best instructors I have met.

a>

I am not sure on how much classes cost nowdays but you will probably have to buy your mask, fins, and snorkel. These items can range from pretty cheap to very expensive depends on what you want to spend. The rest of the gear can be rented usually from where you take your classes.
Since I moved here in 1996 I have always delt with Seaventures in Alpharetta and they have a pool next door for classes.

Seaventures in Alpharetta is where i got my training also they are grate also if your interested in your own gear the class is free they also have a 12 foot deep pool which makes the hole class easier they also have a bus with beads that they take to the keys every month i want to bonier with them 2 new years ago it was the best trip ever

roundman;389229 wrote: I took my classes at Divers Supply in Marietta. They have a pool downstairs and I liked everyone that I have taken classes from.

Wow, I go to Life University, it's just a 2min walk to Divers supply. Thought it was just a supply store. From looking at the building you wouldn't expect it to have a basement or a pool!

my g.friend has been calling around about classes for herself, seems the norm is about $800.00 for everything.

<span style="color: black"><span style="font-family: Verdana">I got certified at The Dive Shop in Marietta. They are great people and very knowledgeable. They also have a TDI instructor in case you wanna go the technical route. </span></span>

I want to do the same thing soon. I have talked to Seaventures and went to The Dive Shop in Marietta yesterday. I really like Seaventures' whole program. They are like a one stop shop for everything from certification to travel. The Dive Shop is so close to home though. LMK when you want to get started maybe we can get the buddy deal. I know Seaventures does a buddy special. Haven't been to their shop but am interested in going over there soon.

Hi all, this is what I have found out:

Sea Ventures
Class ration 6 students to 1 instructor
No Buddy discount
Fee $350, Crew pack $99, $250 for sudent pack(snorkel, fins, boots, gloves,mask)
Open water certification to instructor $125
$625 fee for open water certification trip to Key Largo

Atlanta Club
Ratio 4 to 1
No buddy discount
Total fee $700 includes beginning to end with mask, snorkel, boots, fins and trip to TN for open water certification.

Thanks for all the input.

I've talked with some experienced divers and they say all of these places are great. What's most important is that you find a place and people you like.

Back