Dive Cert.

dannyafoster

Market
Reaction score
Me and wife are considering getting dive ceritfied. Is there a recommended place in georgia? I live in winder. Me and my wife are planning a vacation to costa rica and would love to dive there.

My wife and I got certified a few years back at Dive Atlanta. It's in Lawrenceville off Sugarloaf so it would be very close to you if your still in Winder.

Check out this link there is a bunch of different certifications you can get.
a>

I don't have any certs yet I'm looking to get a basic open water cert.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Any time. I will tell it's well worth the money. We went diving on our honeymoon in Bermuda one of the coolest things I have ever done.

Ever since ive started researching my reed tank ive become very interested in the ocean

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

The Dive Shop on McEver has a Valentine's Day special going of buy 1, get 1 free on Open Water instruction. That's a savings of around $300. Bear in mind that you'll both need to buy mask/fins/snorkel/boots and at least 1 instruction book package from whichever certifying group you with (PADI/NAUI/SSI). You will also both still have to pay for the check-out dives that occur in open water afterward. The shop is near Gainesville, GA. They usually do check out dives either in the springs in Florida or the flooded quarry in Tenn.

Regardless of where you decide to do you confined water training, one option to consider is to do a checkout referral. This would allow you to go to another certified instruction facility and do your open water checkout dives. I did my confined water at TDSOM and did my open water checkouts at Stuart Coves in the Bahamas. I already had that trip planned, so it made sense - otherwise that is a considerable extra cost to just getting certified.

Edit: yep - they still have the special going -> http://www.thediveshoponmcever.com/component/content/article/2-scuba-courses/35-diverx2

I second ironmike's recommendation for the DAMON. Great place! Worth the drive.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Back