Dip feeding corals

wantsummora acropora

Supporting
Reaction score
While I do an “in tank” re-scape and fight aiptasia I was wondering if removing some of my frags and dipping them in a food bath (reef roids) followed by a rinse is a good idea? Nudi’s are working on the aiptasia but I still don’t want to feed them. Or is there a better idea?

I suspect the corals would close up from being moved and wouldn't really eat or benefit from a food bath. I personally would just leave them be. After all, plenty of people don't feed their corals at all aside from what they get from fish waste.

I suspect the corals would close up from being moved and wouldn't really eat or benefit from a food bath. I personally would just leave them be. After all, plenty of people don't feed their corals at all aside from what they get from fish waste.
Didn’t think of that, good point. When I do feed them they look so much better so I want to keep that going.

I have used the brightwell reef blizzard and coral amino. If coral is not extremely “happy” or a new frag. I use Brightwell restore also. Some flow in the dip will also help. Everyone has idea what works for them. I think it does help. But I am sure there are doubters.

Back