Complete livestock loss

JDMixon

Reaction score
Welp, it was bound to happen eventually I guess.

Was having my talk resealed after we discovered a crack during a recent house move. Buddy of mine who services tanks (and has been incredibly reliable in the past) held all my livestock for me while we waited on the reseal job to finish. He's previously helped me move tanks twice, quarantined fish for me, etc., and he knows his stuff.

I get a call Saturday morning and his heater malfunctioned overnight, killing all of my livestock except one clownfish, who as of today is "barely hanging on." Put in so much work to get that tank back to looking good, and all of it is gone in the blink of an eye. Definitely wasn't the prettiest system on here but it came a long way in a very short amount of time.

He's offered to replace my livestock free of charge, which is great, but it still hurts to lose all of those fish and coral that I've had for years. Honestly not sure what I'll do going forward - I may take a break from the hobby entirely. Regardless of what I do, I'm definitely investing in a heater controller if/when my next system is set up.

Man, I am so sorry to hear this!
Give it a few days…
I’ve had a system crash, fwiw.

Aww man sorry to hear that. That is one of my biggest fears. I have my heater on a controller but I will probably invest in a new one soon anyway to be sure.

So sorry for your loss. I can't imagine if this happens to me, I will probably think of the same to take a break or quit. Hopefully you get your feet back up soon. And thank you for sounding the alarm, I have been thinking about getting a wifi controller and extra heater, but been lazy to buy them. This definitely tells me to do it asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that man. Hope you bounce back strong.

Sent from my Galxy Note

Back