Closed: Summer Photo Contest 2: $50 Gift Card Prize

Status
Not open for further replies.

ActiveAngel

Contest Committee Lead
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
This contest is completely free and open to supporting members! If you're not an ARC supporting member consider joining, it's well worth it.

For this contest, I challenge you to take an improved re-created photo of your favorite coral! Basically, take the same photo as you already did, but make some small change(s) to test improving your photography skills. You may reference a photo from your previous contest submission, or (for anyone who didn't post in the first contest) reference a previous post from earlier this year.

This could simply be doing any of these:
  • Stabilizing the camera.
  • Adjusting the focus to create a cleaner image.
  • Slight shifts in the camera angle in order to help focus.
  • Changing the white-balance, or adjusting your tank lights to improve color.
  • Taking 10 or more photos, and choosing the one that looks best.
  • Using a better camera. lol
  • ...or anything else you can think of to improve your original shot.
To enter, just upload the new photo and a link/upload of the old photo. Its that easy.

We're looking for the photos with the most improvement between the old and the new one... so people with a simple cellphone camera (or non DSLR) may have a slight advantage this time.

Dont forget to share some love, and vote on people's awesome improved photos.

IMG_1275.1.jpg

As usual, this will be open all month, and conclude at the end of July.

The prize will be a $50 Gift Card to an LFS Sponsor of your choice!

Last edited:
Do we have to use a previous submission or can we just do a before and after with what edits was done?
Ideally, the submission will be against a previous submission. Otherwise, it ought to still be against a photo uploaded this year prior to July 1st.

The reason is that this contest is supposed to push contestants to improve themselves. Otherwise, a person could intentionally take a bad photo and then a normal/good one, and claim it as an improvement.

Ok this top picture is the “after” submission. Not only do I not have any new camera equipment but I’ve also just had major neck/back surgery so using my arms is a bit of a challenge. I do think I was able to capture more contrasting colors in the new picture but you all can be the jusge
E4EFE94D-B031-4183-B8B1-3B9668C69DDD.jpeg

This is my original submission.
12B94195-ED84-4436-97D4-1FE28F3B81B5.jpeg
Good luck everyone!!! Thank you for having the contests! It is fun to see everyone’s tanks

It’s getting close to the end of the month; time to submit your photos!

You can submit a before/after photo (or reference an old photo on this site), but the ‘before’ must be an older photo. In the spirit of this contest, we want to see people incrementally become better photographers by trying something new or putting forth a little extra effort!

Congrats to @Rubenr1578 for his Green Torch photo! It already looked fantastic, and its nice to see people looking to improve their photography skills!

It seems this contest was not as popular as previous ones. I was trying something different by making a contest that was a bit more involved. Nonetheless, expect more of the old themed photo contests soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back