CLOSED: Photo Contest - Cornbred Acro Prize

Status
Not open for further replies.

ActiveAngel

Contest Committee Lead
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
This contest is completely free and open for supporting members! If you're not an ARC supporting member consider joining, it's well worth it. Every month, we have free prizes, frag-swaps (during non-pandemic times), and give-aways.. plus multiple members that will give you free coral frags just for joining.

For this monthly photo-contest, the subject is Yellow & Gold! Beautiful yellow corals are uncommon colors to find in corals. However, they're fairly common in fish and invertebrates, and a nice splash of yellow brings life to a tank. You can submit photos of any yellow(ish) livestock including fish, corals, or other invertebrates.

Whichever pic the contest committee likes the most will win. Please vote on photos too; those with the highest votes will have the highest chances of winning.

This contest will conclude on September 15th (11:59pm).
The prize will be a frag of Cornbred's Atomic Fireball Acropora! (or potentially a different frag if requested)

*The below photo is my original frag photo from Cornbred. The frag for this auction will be larger. LOL
14E33B22-06AA-43E0-A104-9E04395CBF80.jpeg

Last edited:
Can we enter more than one?

Yes, we can.

I actually made and pinned a Contest FAQ page a while back. This and other questions are in there. It’s a work-in-progress.

Yes, we can.

I actually made and pinned a Contest FAQ page a while back. This and other questions are in there. It’s a work-in-progress.

I know I'm not officially eligible as a plain ole boring non-supporting member.

I still enjoy posting a photo here and there anyway. :D

@dball711 hows oz compare to wd? And did you buy a wild mariculture (or whatever wild acro term lol) and cook it to those colors or did it just keep the colors it came with?

Nice either way!

@dball711 hows oz compare to wd? And did you buy a wild mariculture (or whatever wild acro term lol) and cook it to those colors or did it just keep the colors it came with?

Nice either way!

Yes Oz is a wild, mariculture colony. Ive been growing/nuturing it for a few moths. What you see is what it developed into, coloring is a bit different from when I got it. It's been kept side by side with my Big R WD colony so same light/PAR, nutrients, water quality...same everything. Side by side you can see the color differences. OZ has more purple/pink tips where the Big R WD has blue tips. Also OZ has a much brighter emerald green base (this is why I came up with the name OZ - Emerald city...) than the WD. Side by side below you can see how they are different.

DSC06412.jpegDSC00414.jpeg

Ok I violated some of the rules so please consider me removed from the competition. If I won the prize I would have given it away or donated like I've done in the past so no big deal for me. Sorry for monopolizing the thread...

@jcook54 @wildernet - Moderators please remove my posts 2, 5, 10, 11 & 12.
Thanks...Dave

Ok I violated some of the rules so please consider me removed from the competition. If I won the prize I would have given it away or donated like I've done in the past so no big deal for me. Sorry for monopolizing the thread...

@jcook54 @wildernet - Moderators please remove my posts 2, 5, 10, 11 & 12.
Thanks...Dave

Haha, no need to remove the posts this time. We can leave them up as motivation and inspiration for others.

But yes, your photos are always wonderful and welcome addition to color up our forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back