Catching and rehoming bicolor blenny

Depressed_Reefer

Supporting
Reaction score
Hey y'all, I've had this blenny for almost a year now. He's been a trooper in nipping at algae, but unfortunately he has also developed a nasty habit for nipping at my SPS as well. Usually the SPS have been able to tolerate it but he's gotten a lot bolder in his nipping and they're starting to look rough (except the green slimer, that thing acts like its not even being bitten lol). I was wondering if there were any good DIY traps for fish as my blenny is pretty shy (or maybe a cheap one on amazon?). I was also wondering if there was anyone here willing to give him a good home. Since this is my first time rehoming anything I also don't really know how the process works lol. Do you guys usually make sure someone is available to take the fish before trapping it? Or do you just go ahead and detain the criminal and keep it there until someone can come along and pick it up? Thanks in advance y'all.

I would catch, then post.
I had to pull the rock he was hiding in to shake him out. Mine nibbled sps as well - you could see perfect circles on the branches where his mouth was

I used an empty water bottle to make fish trap to catch two of my 6 line wrasses. I cut the top off then flipped the top portion to point inside and super glued them. I also make I attached string to pull the bottle up once the fish is inside the trap. See below for example

1645472661613.png

I used an empty water bottle to make fish trap to catch two of my 6 line wrasses. I cut the top off then flipped the top portion to point inside and super glued them. I also make I attached string to pull the bottle up once the fish is inside the trap. See below for example

View attachment 54444
Awesome thank you, this was just what I was looking for. I'll give it a shot!

Back