Do I have like the only Psycho YW Goby???

Mackey

Market
Reaction score
"Peaceful" they said, "Docile" they said, "reclusive" they said.

Well, they were wrong (in this case), cus I've got a killer watchman goby (I think).

A while back ago I made a thread about a murder mystery of who is killing all my bottom-dwelling fish. Thought it was one of the crabs till I saw my YW goby pummel my Coral beauty when he got near the bottom of the tank, It was vicious. Then he started trying to attack the one spot foxface, and in one flick of that rabbitfish's spine he was gone, but the intent was still there.
I hear a lot of stories of people saying that they never even see their YW gobies and they are only territorial of their burrows. Well, mine is out literally half the time in the open, and under every rock is his territory ( and he won't even bond with the pistol shrimp). He has also chased the Lawnmower blenny (which later died under unknown circumstances) and nipped at the arrow crab (which also died under unknown circumstances). When I posted my thread about this unknown killer, I was told that the YW goby was def not a suspect. But the evidence is really stacking up against him. Although looking at the whole world wide web there seems to be one other person who has had this problem.
I really love him but he's cost me a lot of dearly loved fish and around 250 smackers, so his charm is starting to wear off.
Wondering if anyone else has had something like this and what to do about this serial killer of a Goby.
Thanks!

I had a bully pinkspot goby, for 5 years or so. Then i put a massively larger fish in the tank, he got put in his place and has not caused any issues since. Hes been good for the past 2-3 years now.

But you dont have a lot of room for massive fish in your tank.

You could always do the mirror trick to help with aggression.

Back