Buying fish online

wantsummora acropora

Supporting
Reaction score
Hey all, A few weeks ago I shopped for an aqua-cultured Yellow tang. I found one at a outrageous price but far less than the current $500 asking price. I went to saltwaterfishSHOP.com. Not to be confused with saltwaterfish.com. What they were advertising essentially amounted to buy 1 (yellow tang) get one free (yellow tang).
I knew this was too good to be true but I was going to buy a yellow tang regardless. Shortly after ordering I got a call from them: Our tech guy left and we cannot remove what was an old advertisement (pre Hawaii ban) and they offered me a few alternatives. Now this is nothing less than the classic bait and switch tactic and is %100 illegal. It doesn't matter what problems you have (webmaster leaving or no) you can't do this. So I was not happy but because our club went through a similar situation I gave them a pass and I received 3 corals instead which are thriving in my tank. The tang arrived absolutely white (yellow fins white body) and emaciated. He is doing better and has gotten all his color back but just FYI, Saltwaterfish.com is good; SaltwaterfishSHOP.COM is bad....umm-kay?

Dump a little bit of Prime in the bag when you get anything online that produces ammonia in transit. The new oxygen allegedly turns the bagged ammonia toxic when you open the bag. So the prime is supposed to neutralize it during acclimation.

Back