Bristle Star Spawn

jcook54

Secretary
Staff member
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
Went down to check on the tank yesterday and noticed the whole thing was pretty cloudy. My first thought was that some sort of disaster struck but after a little investigation it turns out that my giant bristle star was spawning. I've had snail eggs and spawning urchins but this was a first for me. It's particularly odd since I didn't really do much to the tank yesterday. In the past I've had urchins spawn after a tank move or some sort of large water change. The bristle star spread all the way out under the frag racks, lifted it's disk up, fanned it's legs and kept puffing out 'smoke.' There isn't another large bristle start in the tank but it was a good coral feeding.

IMG_20200912_175721.jpg

IMG_20200912_175731.jpg

IMG_20200912_174954.jpg

That's what is so cool about this hobby. As we now have a snap shot of the ocean in our living room, we are able to witness things we normally would not.

I find this hobby fascinating and often sit staring at the tank. These creatures are neat and quirky in their own right. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I find this hobby fascinating and often sit staring at the tank. These creatures are neat and quirky in their own right. Thanks for sharing.
I couldn’t agree more!! Told my husband the other day that I never knew how attached I could become to all these creatures - fish, inverts, corals...just love how they all seem to have their own personality

Back