Brett Raymer (of Tanked) Club talk

Which evening would you be able to attend? Start time would be ~ 7PM.

• Sunday February 12th (Super Bowl)

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Monday February 13th

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Wednesday February 15th

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cook

President
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
Brett Raymer from the show Tanked will be in town the week of February 13th and is interested in attending an Atlanta Reef club event and speaking with the club. Brett's got some new projects going that we can discuss with him. We need to get an idea of who could attend given limited dates available while he is here. The potentials are: Sunday February 12th (Super Bowl), Monday the 13th, or Wednesday the 15th. We are assuming no one wants to get together on Valentine's day the 14th, but maybe I'm wrong!

Last edited:
Where would this be held at?
To be determined. We are looking for somewhere relatively central provided there is enough interest from members.

Last edited:
13th would work the best for me, assuming I'm able to get out! Such an interesting opportunity.

I'm curious as well - these guys had a phenomenal acrylic business but it didn't seem that they knew much about fish & corals. There also seems to be a lot of negative feedback on the longevity and sustainability of their tank builds.

What are the topics of discussion and what are his speaker fees?

Brett is coming to town to film follow up footage of the aquariums they installed in Atlanta for Tanked. He offered to speak to the club about the show while he in town and didn't request any compensation for doing so. He would talk about what it was actually like filming the show and the projects he's working on now.

There's a bunch of stories out there of the aquariums from the show doing badly. And there is some truth to that though it's not always the full story. Did the owner follow through with their recommendations? Did they hire a service company? Like most things internet, the stories that get the most coverage are the negative ones. No one is interested in reading that an aquarium that was installed is still running just fine. There were 6 episodes filmed here and almost 10 years later all 6 are still running, with many of the fish still living in them that were placed there during filming.

He did take a couple years break from the industry after leaving the show to start a restaurant. He is returning to aquariums but without being part of a tank building company.

Brett is coming to town to film follow up footage of the aquariums they installed in Atlanta for Tanked. He offered to speak to the club about the show while he in town and didn't request any compensation for doing so. He would talk about what it was actually like filming the show and the projects he's working on now.

There's a bunch of stories out there of the aquariums from the show doing badly. And there is some truth to that though it's not always the full story. Did the owner follow through with their recommendations? Did they hire a service company? Like most things internet, the stories that get the most coverage are the negative ones. No one is interested in reading that an aquarium that was installed is still running just fine. There were 6 episodes filmed here and almost 10 years later all 6 are still running, with many of the fish still living in them that were placed there during filming.

He did take a couple years break from the industry after leaving the show to start a restaurant. He is returning to aquariums but without being part of a tank building company.
I hadn't even thought much about the show in some time. My 1st thought on complaints is just that, did the proud new owners of these tanks know what they were getting into? This hobby isn't like buying a custom bookcase or nice piece of furniture that just sits in a room. There's all the maintenance that we all know to well about, plus the on going costs. It's more like buying a boat where the annual costs are usually 10% of the purchase price. Bust Out Another Thousand 🤣

Other than the lawsuit from a guy in Orlando that didn't get delivery (and we don't know any of the back story there) the only complaint that really sticks out to me is a guy on R2R whos tank started micro fracturing.

I'd like to know what the topics would be and what product(s) he wants to promote.
I did some searching last night. Other than opening a restaurant, I don't see much activity from him for the last 2yrs, especially on the Aquarium front.
The instagram link has a couple of teaser videos also related to tanks.

im in for the 12th too. dont think my teams gonna be in it so.

Back