Atlanta Aquarium- tHe bUiLd

slayer

Market
Reaction score
Hey guys, well finally its official me and rit are sponsers on arc. The store is coming along and i thought you might want to see what we've been up to the last 2 months. Both of us have been hard at work. Heres some pics of our progress so far....

The previous tenant- even though she was cute, she had to go...

store1.jpg
alt="" />

what we began with...

store2.jpg
alt="" />

a couple of coats of paint later..

store3.jpg
alt="" />

pulling up the carpet was a real pita

store4.jpg
alt="" />

building a bigger fish room

store5.jpg
alt="" />

you bet... that was another task in itself... Thats what the guys doing 2 pics above.. after 4 days all the carpet was finally up.,,

store7.jpg
alt="" />

store6.jpg
alt="" />

the store front

store8.jpg
alt="" />

Dang it! I told Rit to call me. I could have had that up in hours!!!!!!!!!! Opps, maybe it's a bit late to say it.
I saw the new etch in the front, nice job.

i wish i had known that. that carpet was a bear to remove..
thankx bud, that concrete etching took me a while to get done. Couldnt afford to make a mistake with the concrete grinder, or the whole thing would be off.

Looks like it's coming along nicely! How many square feet, retail/tank space will you end up with after the build out?

slayer;615952 wrote: i wish i had known that. that carpet was a bear to remove..
thankx bud, that concrete etching took me a while to get done. Couldnt afford to make a mistake with the concrete grinder, or the whole thing would be off.
No doubt, looks incredible! I'm just up the road so when you need assistance again, call.
Rit has my number...
You guys MAY have to do something about that humidity build up...just sayin.

yeap the condensation on the windows is bad, an unfortunate part of reefkeeping, with all the tanks that we'll be running its going to be hard to keep under control, especially with the cold weather.

We'll have approx 2000 square feet of retail space (300+ in the back for our fish room).

once the carpet was pulled, we decided to acid stain the concrete..

IMG_0355.jpg
alt="" />

after that was done, i decided to grind our logo into the concrete at the front entrance.

IMG_20110214_194526.jpg
alt="" />

Very cool!

A whole new take on a "Build" Thread.

I know there's more pics... Lets see em!

Hey guys looking good. My hats of to you guys and its a lot of hard work but it will pay off in the end. I had to help open a shop about 1 1/2 ago and the building we started in looked something similar and it took us a good solid month with 4-5 people working night and day on it. I really like the painted logo on the floor. Def adds a nice touch can't wait to see it stocked with stuff

There are some large dehumidifiers that can be installed. My fathers company is involved with them

our lumber supply...

IMG_0421.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0422.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0426.jpg
alt="" />

starting our stand build for the fish displays

IMG_0427.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0428.jpg
alt="" />

Edit: the start of our coral tank stands

IMG_0430.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_0431.jpg
alt="" />

the right hand side of our fish display system
IMG_0432.jpg
alt="" />

the center display for our fish system
IMG_0434.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0435.jpg
alt="" />

slowly coming together,,,

IMG_0440.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0441.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0442.jpg
alt="" />

rit giving it the once over,,,

IMG_0447.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0449.jpg
alt="" />

time to spray...

IMG_0456.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0457.jpg
alt="" />

I peeked throught the windows today. Looking good! Lotsa work to do before next weekend tho!

Back