Reef Savvy

Atalien2005

Supporting
Reaction score
Finally took possession of my new to me Reef Saavy tank. I first learned that the tank was for sell by another ARC member posting the details he found on R2R back in early September. I instantly reached out to the seller because I was in the process of relocating to Atlanta and wanted to see if it was possible for her to hold the tank for me and I would just pick it up while driving to Georgia from Washington State.

She informed me that she had received a lot of interested in the tank but no one had pulled the trigger yet but she wasn’t very receptive to holding without paying for the tank. Ofcourse being in this hobby for a little while, I’ve read the horror stories of people paying for items or livestock and not receiving what they paid for. I also didn’t have a firm date of moving because I was in the process of selling my house so that was another roadblock. So I let the seller know I wasn’t comfortable with that and just hoped it would still be available once I moved. Well….I wasn’t able to get that beautiful setup off my mind so a messaged her a few days later and asked would she accept me putting down half to hold the tank. She agreed and I was able to send the money via PayPal goods and services, which gave me some protection.

It was an all day process with myself and 3 other gentlemen helping. I honestly think we made the process more difficult that it should’ve been, but thankfully we got everything broke down and loaded with zero damage. The tank itself is about 800-1000lbs and the sump another 500-600lbs and I needed a U-Haul trailer and the bed of my truck to haul all of the equipment included with the sell. It will be atleast a few months before I have it setup and wet again but once I begin, I will chronicle my new set up.

P.S. A big thank you to Thanh Phan for highlighting the sell of this tank. 8831FFA9-8F64-4565-83F5-4391FDA5B758.jpeg275BA099-E4F6-4998-938E-6F4E6AB1F158.jpeg3BFE7B03-9848-4FD6-BC60-572D49986584.jpeg765125A6-BE82-4E95-9E06-8C279C565ED1.jpegE8090542-DECC-450D-8DF6-625B57710B47.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m so glad you bought this. Also, kind of jealous! I gazed at this tank online every night when it was for sale, wondering how I could get it into my house! Also, debating how low she might go! 😂 Congratulations!

I took a hard look at that tank, but couldn’t get my head around how to get it moved. Lady told me her husband and the guy from Reef Savy brought it into the house and set it on the stand.

I’m so glad you bought this. Also, kind of jealous! I gazed at this tank online every night when it was for sale, wondering how I could get it into my house! Also, debating how low she might go! 😂 Congratulations!
We were thinking the exact same thing lol. She did go lower with some extras thrown in. I wasn’t trying to commit highway robbery so we agreed on a price that worked for both of us.

I took a hard look at that tank, but couldn’t get my head around how to get it moved. Lady told me her husband and the guy from Reef Savy brought it into the house and set it on the stand.
Yes they set it up using some type of hydraulic lift. We made it unnecessarily hard to get the tank out of the house but it definitely made for a fun challenge.

Congratulations with your relocation and new tank! Drop a note one day and we can get a group together to talk shop. I set up my 72 by 48 by 30 inch reef tank at home in Alpharetta earlier this year, and recently posted photos.

Congratulations with your relocation and new tank! Drop a note one day and we can get a group together to talk shop. I set up my 72 by 48 by 30 inch reef tank at home in Alpharetta earlier this year, and recently posted photos.
Thank you and I would love to!

Back