Aquascape Putty

russellguero

Reaction score
So I recently tried the instant ocean epoxy. Well about two weeks in out of no where my rock scape caved in. Thankfully no injury’s occurred during the cave in. I did a little research and there really isn’t any definitive winners on best Aquascape epoxy. What’s are you guys and gals using?

So I recently tried the instant ocean epoxy. Well about two weeks in out of no where my rock scape caved in. Thankfully no injury’s occurred during the cave in. I did a little research and there really isn’t any definitive winners on best Aquascape epoxy. What’s are you guys and gals using?
Just wondering, how big of a structure was it? I use the same one, not for rock structure tho, mainly for holding frags in place, but they are super strong once cured.

As @1mbrews8 mentioned, for rock structure, I use emarco stuff as well. that is literally like cement tho.

i'm going to assume you're doing the rock work out of the water. if that's the case i had very good success with marco's cement. also, a combination of epoxy and superglue also hold up well to certain structure dimension/size.
I am slightly worried about
A- how heavy it can get and then lifting into tank :eek:
B - cool "long" structures are maybe going to have trouble fitting with top braces and all making it have to turn... making worry A even scarier lol

I am slightly worried about
A- how heavy it can get and then lifting into tank :eek:
B - cool "long" structures are maybe going to have trouble fitting with top braces and all making it have to turn... making worry A even scarier lol
I made a structure that was about 50lbs... It was pretty massive and as I was leaning over to put it in my tank, it slipped and dropped about 1". My heart sank.... Brand new custom tank. Amazingly, no damage! I highly recommend putting either sand down or cardboard while trying to set a massive structure into a tank. Slips happen.

I made a structure that was about 50lbs... It was pretty massive and as I was leaning over to put it in my tank, it slipped and dropped about 1". My heart sank.... Brand new custom tank. Amazingly, no damage! I highly recommend putting either sand down or cardboard while trying to set a massive structure into a tank. Slips happen.
SCARY!! Yeah, I thought about putting the light diffuser stuff down again first, but just where the base of each is vs the whole tank. I have the 180g so the 2 braces are gonna be a bit of a pain.

I also thought about doing like 50-60% out of the tank and then finishing the rest in the tank, but don't want the live rock to die off after/as doing the rip clean either...

I’m doing the rock structure in my nano 30g. So it needs to be something i can slap on under water. I think I’ll give another brand a try. Future reference for anyone the instant ocean one is garbage.

I’m doing the rock structure in my nano 30g. So it needs to be something i can slap on under water. I think I’ll give another brand a try. Future reference for anyone the instant ocean one is garbage.
i use two little fishies and combine it with a blob of superglue.

i just have to say that underwater application is very difficult.....just setting the expectation.

Back