Anybody have any experience with Aquarium Specialty

I will try to contact them tomorrow. I don't mind waiting for the item but I just want to have an idea of when to expect it. I can't get through on there phone and they are not responding to email. Does anyone have Scott's direct number?

cr500_af;745035 wrote: Yes, you can buy from Neptune.

I ordered a Lunar Sim module for my Apex from A.S., and it showed in stock on their site. After it didn't show up in 3 business days, I emailed and (after a couple that said "it's processing") was finally told that it was being drop shipped from Neptune. So, what should have taken two days was going to take 5.

When 5 days rolled around, still nothing. It finally arrived after 10 days, and the packing slip/invoice from Neptune was in the box. I ordered on a Monday morning; the item was "ordered" from Neptune on that Friday.

All this time it showed "in stock".

The only reason I didn't order from my LFS was time... shipping from SC vs shipping from the West coast. I could have had it a week sooner if I had, it turns out.

I had a similar issue but with Digital Aquatics items. Purchased thinking 2 day shipping. 30 days later I received my items. Its best to call first.

gnashty;745407 wrote: I had a similar issue but with Digital Aquatics items. Purchased thinking 2 day shipping. 30 days later I received my items. Its best to call first.

Another option would be to tell the truth about what's in stock and notify customers in advance that it's a drop ship... you know, just off the top of my head.

cr500_af;745415 wrote: Another option would be to tell the truth about what's in stock and notify customers in advance that it's a drop ship... you know, just off the top of my head.

Pretty much the experience I had with these guys, except I call first to confirm everything was in stock. Also had some kind of family deal that slowed it down too. It was three years ago, but it seem like it took 2-3 weeks to get everything.

Versus my last order with Premium Aquatics, I ordered online, but they called anf emailed me to let me know the Apex was on back order.

you would figure a rep from the company would reply with their reason for not shipping...kind of odd that they dont even have a comment

henryhan1212;745598 wrote: you would figure a rep from the company would reply with their reason for not shipping...kind of odd that they dont even have a comment
They have not been on here since the 28th. Nothing but good experiences here.

I spoke with them today....they are checking the status with Neptune. If there's a hold up they ship it to directly on Monday. Spoke with Scott...nice guy.

I called neptune 03-02-12 last friday for a full apex unit , and it on the truck as we speak for drop off for today

I spoke with AS today and they are sending it out to me by UPS 1-day shipping...will be delivered tomorrow, minus the pH probes. I won't get them till Thursday at the earliest...I'm not holding my breath.

What was the hold up? Alway very quick when I've ordered.

They said that the apex systems were on back order with Neptune....but one of the other posters said that he called Neptune and got his in a couple of days. So, I don't know.

I spoke with them again today because I didn't get an email with a tracking number that they promised and found out that it didn't get sent out yesterday because of an oversight. They told me they would send it out today (for sure) and gave me a tracking number over the phone. So....hopefully I will get it tomorrow. The pH probes are being shipped directly from Neptune and AS will be sending me the tracking number for those. Hopefully all of this is finally coming to a close...fingers crossed.

This thread is in no way intended to discourage anyone from patronizing AS but it started out as an effort to get more info and became a way for me to vent my frustrations. Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Just ordered and apex today. The main unit shipped today and the ph probe and wxm module will ship direct from neptune in 2 or 3 days. They got there Neptune shipment in yesterday.

wbeacham;748797 wrote: Just ordered and apex today. The main unit shipped today and the ph probe and wxm module will ship direct from neptune in 2 or 3 days. They got there Neptune shipment in yesterday.

I'm glad things worked out better for you.

I finally got my apex unit today.....minus the ph probes of course. I guess this is the end of this thread. It has been fun!

But I have ordered a few times from them and got everything pretty quick. My last order was a new reef octopus pump and it had to come from the manufacturer. I initially got a little run around and the young guy there was not the fastest to keep you in the know, but it all got taken care of. They are a good place with good stuff. Just keep trying and you'll get thru. They do sell only the best.

Edulover;750256 wrote: They definitely have the best prices.

Compared to who? I have found most of the online places very competitive with each other.

I really like Premium Aquatics and Bulk Reef Supply. I've sent two product questions to Premium Aquatics in the last couple weeks. Both times they responded within a couple hours. With both of them, if I order by 3:00 they ship the same day. Bulk Reef Supply is very good about updating their website when they are out of stock. Premium Aquatics will call and email you of something is out. It is two days to Atlanta from Premium and three days with BRS.

RealFish;750275 wrote: Compared to who? I have found most of the online places very competitive with each other.

I really like Premium Aquatics and Bulk Reef Supply. I've sent two product questions to Premium Aquatics in the last couple weeks. Both times they responded within a couple hours. With both of them, if I order by 3:00 they ship the same day. Bulk Reef Supply is very good about updating their website when they are out of stock. Premium Aquatics will call and email you of something is out. It is two days to Atlanta from Premium and three days with BRS.

I agree with this post. Premium Aquatics definitely has great prices and service to match.

Back