Anybody have any experience with Aquarium Specialty

edulover

Market
Reaction score
I put in an order with them three days ago and i states that my order is pending. i have trying to contact them to find out the status but I keep getting the answering machine. I sent a message through the website but no response. what to do?

They will come through eventually, but this is their typical MO. Read their category on Reef Central. Premium Aquatics and Bulk Reef Supply are much better online options.

tagging along , I was planning on placing a order TODAY with them also ! and this would be my first time dealing with them , hope everything work out for you

I have placed 2 orders with them in the last 2 weeks and received my order within 2 days both times. I typically call them first thing in the morning to check availability before ordering to ensure the items are in stock. Like many online shops they do not stock everything on the website, they have many large items drop shipped from the manufacturer.

Try calling at 9:00 am and they should answer.

I bought few things from them in the past. I did not have any problem at all. Their service is the best. Call Scott.

I have made several purchases through them and have been completely satisfied. Once they got my shipment wrong and immediately addressed the issue. Had the correct stuff drop shipped from their supplier so there wasn't any more delay having it go to them first. I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

I've made several purchases from them and Scott is great to deal with. Being in Columbia, SC most packages arrive a day after I order them. He's a great resource being as close as he is to all of us.

If you ordered a Neptune product that showed "in stock", I do believe you are about to experience what I did.

I've had nothing but great results with AS. As izoid said, it's best to confirm the item is at their warehouse if you want super fast shipping. From my experience, if they have it, you get it quick. Usually if I order with them (back when I was a hobbyist) by 3pm est, I get it the next day with standard shipping, which is really nice. Their prices are solid too.

I just called them ! and no full apex system availabe , I dont understand why would you show that you have something & not having it !

Edit: do anyone now who have the full apex system or can you buy them from neptune ?

fsu230263;745034 wrote: I just called them ! and no full apex system availabe , I dont understand why would you show that you have something & not having it !

Edit: do anyone now who have the full apex system or can you buy them from neptune ?

Yes, you can buy from Neptune.

I ordered a Lunar Sim module for my Apex from A.S., and it showed in stock on their site. After it didn't show up in 3 business days, I emailed and (after a couple that said "it's processing") was finally told that it was being drop shipped from Neptune. So, what should have taken two days was going to take 5.

When 5 days rolled around, still nothing. It finally arrived after 10 days, and the packing slip/invoice from Neptune was in the box. I ordered on a Monday morning; the item was "ordered" from Neptune on that Friday.

All this time it showed "in stock".

The only reason I didn't order from my LFS was time... shipping from SC vs shipping from the West coast. I could have had it a week sooner if I had, it turns out.

Scott at Aquarium Specialty is awesome!!!! I have had nothing, but great experiences and quick shipping.

I placed a order and received it very quickly. I also talk to them on the phone and they were very helpful. I highly recommend them

I emailed before I ordered a light to make sure they had it in stock because I ordered the same light from another company that said "in stock" on their site, but it was not "in stock" and they said I could wait six weeks for it to be "in stock". Well Aquarium Specialty emailed me back and said the light was in stock - got the light within 48 hours regular shipping.

Overall good experience.

i got my apex through jenn at imagine. she ordered it directly from neptune. it took a few more days then ordering it from another online supplier but she made more money, i paid the same, and got to support a lfs. but i think i know why you ordered from them (lol told you it would work)

Went thru the same thing. Apex is way behind on orders and I'm guessing tax refunds are feeding the problem also. Just be patient I got mine in about 2 weeks. They will just drop ship straight from Neptune.

Back