any way to move anemone?

umbrellacorp

Market
Reaction score
My rose tip anemone has decided it wants to be attached to my GSPs and wont leave. Since ive gotten my clown the anemone has started opening to about 4 times its original size oat night. This poses a problem. When it opens it keeps knocking the GSPs off the live rocks ive set them on. Also im worried about it stinging my GSPs. Is there any way i can remove the anemone from them without causing any damage? I dont have much experience with anemones (ive only had aptasia up until this point. :p ) So any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can try pointing a PH at it. They don't care much for the excessive flow so they have a tendency to move when you do that.

that must be why it likes being next to the GSPs.. i make sure they arent in direct current

Is the rock it's located on removable? If so, you can try taking the rock out and hanging upside down for a few minutes. Sometimes they will release that way. The only other way I've ever moved one is to very gently pry the foot off of the rock. It can take a long time to do that though.

coolsurf;690093 wrote: You can try pointing a PH at it. They don't care much for the excessive flow so they have a tendency to move when you do that.

+1, powerheads have always been the way I've done things in the past while keeping BTA's.

John26;690127 wrote: +1, powerheads have always been the way I've done things in the past while keeping BTA's.

how long do u think it will take for it to move? overnight perhaps?

powerhead at the base of the foot and then some **GENTLE** peeling of the foot off the rock. Basically I try to get a nail underneath the foot and just kinda gently rub at it while the powerhead is blowing on it. ~15 min and they are off.

Should not take too long, but be sure to be there when you do this so the anemone does not get sucked up into the powerhead.

UmbrellaCorp;690373 wrote: how long do u think it will take for it to move? overnight perhaps?

ive used popsicle sticks in the past to lift up the foot..they worked well

Hammcd;690392 wrote: ive used popsicle sticks in the past to lift up the foot..they worked well

I'm not a fan of this method, the coldness can actually do more damage than good. Stick with the powerhead technique IMO.

John26;690393 wrote: I'm not a fan of this method, the coldness can actually do more damage than good. Stick with the powerhead technique IMO.

i meant popsicle sticks with the popsicles removed :) just kidding...im talking about the ones like from doctor's offices..no coldness to them

Edit: tongue depressors i should have said

Hammcd;690401 wrote: i meant popsicle sticks with the popsicles removed :) just kidding...im talking about the ones like from doctor's offices..no coldness to them

Edit: tongue depressors i should have said

Oh lol I was thinking you made ice popsicles and used them. Would not be a first someone using that method. But your method could possibly work as well.

Back