240g In-wall Home Office Build

That fish room is so relaxing, amazing work. I look forward to hopefully seeing this in person one day!

I have a friend that has a Rose Bubble Tip Anemone that's sat in the same place for the last 8 years. It's split a couple times and the new ones always move over maybe a foot and stay put. I know their tendency to wander but given the source I thought one of those one would great for the tank. I took one of his absolutely beautiful splits and added it to the tank first, hoping that it would wander around until it found it's place and then stay put like it's mother.
20200713_101211.jpg
index.php

Attachments

• 20200905_190030.jpg
    20200905_190030.jpg
    516.3 KB · Views: 322
I have a friend that has a Rose Bubble Tip Anemone that's sat in the same place for the last 8 years. It's split a couple times and the new ones always move over maybe a foot and stay put. I know their tendency to wander but given the source I thought one of those one would great for the tank. I took one of his absolutely beautiful splits and added it to the tank first, hoping that it would wander around until it found it's place and then stay put like it's mother.
View attachment 47788
index.php
Wow its Hugh!

Unfortunately, as you can see, he wandered all over the aquarium and never did settle on a spot for more than a week, tops. I eventually had to rehome him to another aquarium.
20200728_172127.jpg
20200917_162901.jpg
20210104_193201.jpg

Tank is looking great. I love anemones but I wont ever have one in a reef again. My 120g FOWLR is now where all my anemones go

You guys don't want to see this tank.. it sucks.. I promise..

My man Steve is one of the most advanced and amazing fish keepers I have ever known. I am truly grateful to know him and be able to bounce ideas off of him. If you ever get a chance to see his tank and the setup, please take him up on it.

You guys don't want to see this tank.. it sucks.. I promise..

My man Steve is one of the most advanced and amazing fish keepers I have ever known. I am truly grateful to know him and be able to bounce ideas off of him. If you ever get a chance to see his tank and the setup, please take him up on it.
Aww shucks, man, you're gonna make me blush 😄

Well, got to say thank you again Steve for supplying me the pvc needed and also thanks for allowing me to watch your tank and whole system, it’s so much to learn from what you have done, the space behind the tank and the combination of setups under them, when we have to take a house to build a tank around we don’t leave walls standing or spaces empty hehehe, we just filled them with geeks and gear and more tanks.

Thanks Steve, great looking tank! looking forward to stop by some day later.

Just spent about 20 minutes in front of the tank trying to get some decent fish pics. I added a teeny tiny Captive bred Regal Angel and Mandarin Goby pair about a month ago. I didn't see them for a while but now that I know their spots I can usually find them pretty quick.

Haven't had to do much with the tank recently (thankfully so given my summer project workload lol)
Everything growing in nicely, Regal angel growing quite well, see the mandarins about once a week or so.
20220731_202901.jpg

Back