I need a place to dive next week!

bdesper311

Market
Reaction score
Ok fellow divers... I have some time off (about 4-5 days) next week and want/need to go diving. I only have about 10 dives, so I am looking for an outfitter that is good with beginners and does not pack out their boats. I have looked at the keys, Jupiter, Tampa, Destin, and Nassau. I was pretty set on booking the shark dive at Stuart's Cove in Nassau, but have read some pretty bad press about them and inexperienced divers on days when cruise ships are docked. So... hopefully someone knows of a good dive shop that I can dive at for 3 or 4 days! Thanks for the help!

PC Beach..the Dive Locker..great folks. great dives..most in the 80 to 90 foot range.

hope you can see my album of my recent diving with them?

set

+1 on the dive locker, great people great shop
Key Largo check out blue water divers only 8 divers at a time shallow reefs to deep wrecks

So we went with Blue Water Divers yesterday and let me say... those guys are great and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a dive charter in Key Largo! My brother is not certified and decided to do the Discover Scuba resort course so he would be able to dive with me, and Christi taught him so well that we were cruising along in no time. I can't say how much they help us, and even taught me how to get some lobsters which is my new obsession. We are going with them again Wednesday!

Nice Ben, where are the pics, and you better get me some pics of some great whites soon!!!!

I have been diving with these guys from the first day the opened their doors, of course this is a whole different ownership but still can't recommend them highly enough. Glad you found them to be what I have experienced over the years with this great dive boat.
Seeing how you have a discover scuba diver along I will assume you won't be hitting any of the great wrecks down there. You still can ask for the "city of george washington", benwood and a couple other shallow water wrecks that are good dives.
enjoy your dives I personally love diving the upper keys

12-14 hours on the road, you tell me
fly into miami rent a car and 1.5 hours to key largo sounds better

much better i got enough skymiles to cover that... lets do a trip during the week

doing one during the week will be kinda tough at this time, I might be able to swing leaving on a wednesday evening diving thursday and friday and possibly saturday but have reservations of flying back on a sunday with all the cruise ship people flying back at the same time. been through that hell before and will avoid if possible

We got back yesterday and yea it took us about 12 hours, but it is a real easy drive. I would recommend it to anyone down there! We were able to hit up the Benwood wreck, Molasses reef, French reef, Pickle's reef, and snapper ridge, the doughnut hole and several others! It was amazing! Tons of fish, but it does make me sad to see some of the dead coral... We got to go through a few swim through caves which was awesome, but the highlight of the trip was a TEN foot green moray eel! It was the largest I had ever seen! On the other hand, the current got really strong the last day were there and even had to rescue a few divers who had gotten caught in the current, so make sure you have your rescue sausage! If any of you are on the fence about getting certified, you must do it, it is life changing.

Edit:
Smallblock;675324 wrote: Nice Ben, where are the pics, and you better get me some pics of some great whites soon!!!!

I will be sure to make a post on here once I get down there, I do not move down to South Africa until January. I do start my internship at the aquarium this week, so I will be working with the whale sharks and sharks in the Ocean Voyager tank until I leave for africa... I will get pics asap!

Back