WiFI (bluetooth?) Power Strip

jcook54

Secretary
Staff member
Supporting
Contest Committee
Reaction score
It's time for me to replace my power strips and I'd like to go with one of those fancy ones that you can control with an app. I know a lot of people use them but I'm a Luddite and haven't ever tried one yet. Can anyone give me a recommend?

I hope I'm being clear. It's a 3-5 outlet powerstrip and you can log into an app and schedule on/off for the different outlets.

I have no experience with the product, but I have seen people using the Kasa power strip to control things like the avast plank auto feeder. Supposedly it has control down to seconds, and is app based.

I can say my parents have kasa light switches and they seem happy if that helps.

I'm running 13 (yes 13) of these from Amazon, I've had only a few fail during the warranty period so I always keep a spare. Easy programming and phone app control at a great price, I'm satisfied.
Smart Power Strip Wifi Smart Plug Compatible with Alexa Outlet and Google Home Remote Control and App Control Your Device Individually or Grouply Anywhere https://a.co/d/ddmME5I

I am currently running the TP Link wifi strips. App is extremely responsive and easy to set up smart actions and voice control through Siri or Alexa. Can also do schedules or timers for feeding or fuge lights.

I don't currently run anything Alexa or Google Home. Hover, I am an Android user and it looks like most of these would work. Huh. I was all set to get an app to control these things but the idea of controlling them through Alexa or Google Home kinda bugs me. I wonder what that's about? Since you all are not therapists I'll desist from further conversation on this front but it is kind of an odd reaction on my part.

I use wifi outlets on my american dj switchable power strip. Its nice to be able to turn them off right there instantly

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

+1 to the Kasa power strip, working great for my system - i have 2 currently on my tank and 1 for the mixing station. Easy to use app, can set up outlet groups like for maintenance, individually control outlets, set schedules, etc.

To add, they do have a 3 socket version depending on your need.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230811_125052_Kasa.jpg
    Screenshot_20230811_125052_Kasa.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230729_142056.jpg
    20230729_142056.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 20
Btw, Google Home / Alexa integration lets you do some pretty cool stuff. For example, I set up a routine where I can say "Hey Google, put the reef tank in feeding mode." It will turn off my return pump, skimmer, and ATO. Then it waits 30 minutes and turns the return pump back on. It waits another minute and turns on the skimmer. Then after 5 more minutes (to give water level time to fully stabilize) it turns the ATO back on. Oh, and it also turns off ozone while the skimmer is off.

Back