Well today wasn't my day....

Broke_Budget_Reef

Supporting
Reaction score
So today was the day my apartment decided to flood. This flood can be traced back to my rodi unit where a oring failed and pushed out the side of a canister.... my question I have is how do I dry under my tank without taking it down.

Sent from my SM-F936U using Tapatalk

I would get a fan pointed under it if possible. Not sure if you have any gap that you can point air to. I’m not sure other than doing that.

Ouch. I would use a hair dryer or anything that blows hot air towards the base of the stand to mitigate the damage but you'll probably be unable to dry it all

OOH a topic Im well versed on.

A shop vac or carpet shampooer is what your looking for to suck the water out from under there.

If its on carpet there will be damaged (carpet padding and maybe sub flooring depending on how bad the flood was), but you will probably be able to shampoo the carpet once the tank is moved and not have any visual problems.

If youre on tile floors just dry it as best you can and watch for issues with the wood on the stand. You will have salt residue under the tank but thats easy to clean later.

If youre on wood floors, dry it the best you can and pray.

Thanks for the info guys! I'm luck t9 be on a concrete for with just peal and still carpet squares on top. I guess what il have to do it try and move this 180 out the way so I can dry under it. What a task for a Friday.

Well half way there titles had to come up now to move this tank.
d28e92015b17df39be727f575c6bd568.jpg

Back