Well damn

york1

Supporting
Reaction score
So the center brace on my 90gallon bow front tank broke. It is a fairly old tank so not a huge surprize. So anyone ever keep a tank running without a center brace? Am I doomed?
I guess its time to start looking for a new tank. ☹️

Doomed, no, but I would start looking for a replacement sooner than later. They are needed with the bow front tanks, but I have ran one for a couple weeks back in 2005 when mine broke.

In my one experience with a broken brace, you definitely want to replace it asap. When mine broke on an old 220 (very different forces from a 90g of course), I was told to replace it "if I wanted to, but it would be fine otherwise". It shattered the next day, so I don't take any chances with that crap anymore. Until you can get a new frame, put a large clamp across the top to keep the pressure contained.

Thats about what i was thinking. I guess its time to find a regular 90 and stand or a 4 foot 120

I have either a 4' or 5' 120 set up still in my kid's room if you are interested.. just lmk

Can you silicone in a new brace or do you think the tank is trying to tell you something?
The tank was old when I got it so I think its time to retire it. I can not complain tho. I got a good deal on it and it has lasted several years. I will give it to anyone who wants to try and save it once i get a replacement

Back