Website update

bcavalli

Market
Reaction score
I wanted to let everyone know we have made the decision in the best interest of the community to release the new website shortly after the expo. We appreciate your understanding as our annual expo is the largest event of the year and is imperative that we focus all of our efforts on it.

Thanks for the update! Anyway we can see some progress screenshots of what the eventual updates will look like?

I'm sure the expo will rock

As soon as I get something from our developer I can post some shots. Howwver, right now we are in the process of the migration and had to outsource it due to the size and instability of the site. Ill keep everyone up to date as I get more information. Im a firm believer in doing things the right way and not half way if you know what I mean. :)

We are also hoping to have a working version of the new site in the ARC booth for the Expo. IF we can get it done in time we'll have it on a laptop connected to a larger monitor for display. While it won't be live it will have the new home page and posts from the beginning to 3/17/17. Posts after 3/17 will be brought in just prior to going live. Please realize that this is a big IF at the moment. But IF we can do it we surely will.

Given the size and complexity of the Expo we want to devote our time in the short term to making sure to goes off without a hitch. Then deal with the new forum immediately afterwards. If all testing goes well there's a chance we will have it up by the end of April. At the moment I don't see why it won't be done by May 1st. But be sure, as we get closer we will be posting updates as to where we stand.

In the mean time we ask everyone to check that your email address is up to date in your profiles. Once we finally do go live this could be one of the biggest hurdles for us. Given the fact the the board is comprised of people that have day jobs, if there's a large number of members not getting the password update email it may take us some time to work through it all. We want everyone to have access to the new site when we make the switch over. So doing this small thing will go a long way in helping us manage our time towards the site and not accessibility issues.

Thank you for your understanding and help with this.

My post count has dropped by nearly 2000 posts. Not that it's about numbers or anything, just wonder where my posts have gone?

Were some of the deactivated forums dumped? If so that could be where they went.

Jenn

Jenn we only reduced a few forums such as for sale forums including responses, club announcements, the lounge, rants and complaints and trading and selling that occurred over 1 yr ago.

Lol. I seriously doubt that. As you mentioned (i didnt catch that part) :) We did get rid of the old forums that had been deactivated for years.

LOL I complain when it's warranted. Loudly even.

I'm sure my old shop forum accounted for a lot of my posts, and it's likely gone.

Jenn

Ill bet your shop probably accounted for most of them. At least when you complain its always warranted and professional. :) We do have everything backed up just in case.

At least nobody pranked the site like Giuliano did back in 2010 on April Fools' Day.

"Atlanta Beef Club" :lol:

JennM;1111622 wrote: At least nobody pranked the site like Giuliano did back in 2010 on April Fools' Day.

"Atlanta Beef Club" :lol:
The day's not over yet. Give it some time.

Wannabee

Back