Website important Update

bcavalli

Market
Reaction score
We have received a lot of feedback on our website. It included good, bad and ugly. As such, Ive spent the past week reflecting on the requests from our members to improve it dramatically and create a forum that is both functual and something you could be proud of. As such, we have been working very hard to find a solution that will provide our members with an incredible environment they will enjoy no matter the platform you are using. After much consideration, I went back to the drawing board and rebuilt the entire site. We are putting the final touches on it and will test it extensively over the next week to ensure there are no issues. I feel as though the majority of our community will thoughly enjoy the final version of our website.

I know this has been a long journey and I personally have made many mistakes along the way. However, our community continues to thrive even through diversity, because of you. What makes us great is what we stand for as a community and assist those who are in need of advice or assistance. We have all built long lasting relationships over the years though ARC. We are what drives the technology behind the science of reefing and discover new ways to overcome the challenges of our hobby. It is because of you that we are successful.

Thank you for your support and understanding through this difficult transition. Change is never easy and dealing with mistakes are always difficult, especially when they are self inflicted (in my case). I think almost everyone will be very satisfied with the final results next week and will continue to be a proud ARC member.

Wouldn't call any of the challenges  with the site your personal mistakes - and you & Adam need a vacation.

I've mostly been helping out with user issues and trying to give input. Brett has been going at it nonstop. He REALY needs a break.

Sorry guys Ive been on the developer site non stop for three days. I haven't had the time to check in. :) The new site is going really well.

Brett, I am behind you all the way. If I can be of help give me a call. I updated my website recently,  it still does not work to my liking. So i am sympathetic to your frustrations. BTW I am not a developer, I rely on the software. L

Thank you I really appreciate it.  Ive never felt better about the website that is in deveolpment right now.  Its fantastic and it should be ready next week.  After we do extensive testing.

Some of the changes will include:

A full facelift of the forums, threads, posts and replies.

Avatar links to the members profile to send a quick message

The look of the members profile will be slightly different.  However it will have a few more options.  No one will lose any current or old messages.

Members will be able to post pictures on their personal profile page and create albums.   Build threads would be a geat place for that.

Member can link their Facebook to their profile

Member directory.  If your looking for a Moderator, Sponsor, Bod or another Member you can search through profiles with their avatars.

Full page navigation throughout the site.

Easy search capabilities with a drop down list of suggested posts or threads with full page search results.

For those TapaTalk users Im adding a feature called post by email.  When you receive an email notification from a post or thread you have subscribed to  you can reply in the email and it will automatically create the post for you.

The speed of the site will be faster and more efficient and the delay for posting and uploading pictures will be much quicker.

And a lot more....

Hey Brett,

”No wine before its time”.  How’s the new look & feel coming?

Larry

Sorry Larry I just saw this.   I took yesterday off to spend time with the family and work on the development site.   Our outsourced development team had completed the mockups on Friday after a few changes the BoD requested.  Their programmers are working on the coding now and it should be completed this week.  Once they are completed they will be tested on our development site and then will be moved to our live site.  They are doing an outstanding job!

After we go live we will be adding some really great features to our site shortly after.  One new addition is a sponsor store front that our sponsors will have the ability to sell on our site independantly.  We will be testing it with a select few sponsors who have expressed interest.   :)

Back