Venting fish room? Air exchange?

Isn't there attic space above the office? If so I would try to trace the wires first. Also think about what the switch could power; an outlet, fireplace ignitor, attic vent fan, or even a remote switch for an HVAC unit are all examples I've seen. The worst one I've had was controlling an outdoor light that also had a hidden photoelectric switch. It was impossible to diagnose during the daytime.

Search all possibilities before cutting and capping those wires.

Isn't there attic space above the office? If so I would try to trace the wires first. Also think about what the switch could power; an outlet, fireplace ignitor, attic vent fan, or even a remote switch for an HVAC unit are all examples I've seen. The worst one I've had was controlling an outdoor light that also had a hidden photoelectric switch. It was impossible to diagnose during the daytime.

Search all possibilities before cutting and capping those wires.

That wire was a 3 way switch that just went to another switch. Both did absolutely nothing that I know of. But I ripped out the wiring and rewired it to a one pole switch and everything seems hunky dory

Well, my wife's sinus problems have cleared. I don't know if its coincidental or what.
The ERV has been running 24/7 since installation.

Back