The NEW Hannah Mag Tester

scottw

CoralsbyDesign.com
Sponsor
Supporting
Reaction score
So... The older Mag tester from Hanna had a lot of issues with the reagent, they heard the complaints and fixed it with an all new reagent. I picked up one of the new ones, and started playing with it today, it was dead on with the saliferts test, the issue I have with colorimetric/tritiation tests, I am color blind so I have to get my wife to help, and she is not always available when I want to test.

I would have to say this is a buy.

So... The older Mag tester from Hanna had a lot of issues with the reagent, they heard the complaints and fixed it with an all new reagent. I picked up one of the new ones, and started playing with it today, it was dead on with the saliferts test, the issue I have with colorimetric/tritiation tests, I am color blind so I have to get my wife to help, and she is not always available when I want to test.

I would have to say this is a buy.

this is good to know. how accurate do you think it is compared to trident?

this is good to know. how accurate do you think it is compared to trident?
Don't get me started on the Trident, I am not a fan. I have one but I think it is garbage. Now, with that being said, I ordered the new ABC reagents, and I have read and spoke with a few very good friends that were on the same "trident sucks, train" as I am, but with the new reagents they are actually running very close to what they are testing by hand, so fingers crossed it will be good. My trident is saying 1172, I am actually 1340 and the saliferts was 1320 so well within the margin of error, but the trident is NOT in the margin of error. I will give you an update on ABC, it shipped today so I should have by Tuesday next week and I ordered the fauna marine calibration fluid so I can get totally away from neptune reagents/calibration fluid.

Example of Trident sucks.

KH Guardian is reading 8.12, Hannah 8.2 (well within the margin of error)
Trident 7.31
If I were to correct based on the Trident I would nuke my tank.

Calcium
Hannah 364 - tested 3 times, 364, 365, 364 (used new vials with each test)
Trident 492
Again, if I were to adjust to bring down to 420 where I like to run, my tank wouldn't be happy, b/c it would drop closer to 300. I have 80 acros sucking up calcium right now, so I am working on dosing now, trying to figure out the daily usage so I can get that going.

Mag
KH/Hannah 1340/1320
Trident 1172
If I were to bring that up 250+ I would have very unhappy corals.

I have recalibrated the Trident 4 times over the last month, with different calibration fluids, swapped out the A/B/C with new 2 times tossing away the 3/4 full bottles. So that is a lot of wasted cash, even at wholesale its expensive.

What’s the number for the tester? I’m using the Red Sea one and I hate titrations lol

What’s the number for the tester? I’m using the Red Sea one and I hate titrations lol
hi783

Hannah replaced mine a few months ago. The new mag test is great. I have salifert and red sea to double check every now and then. I have also done 2 icp tests and the hannah has been spot on so far

Hannah replaced mine a few months ago. The new mag test is great. I have salifert and red sea to double check every now and then. I have also done 2 icp tests and the hannah has been spot on so far
I love to read this. I thought it was good myself but hearing you say this makes me feel even better about it. This is crucial for colorblind people, I can’t always have my wife near when I need to test lol.

hi783

Is it the same number as the old one? Just curious with the 3/5 star reviews.

Back